Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best steak in Brighton and Hove?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Used to be The Black Lion pub,very improved set up and massive choice of steaks

This is just an upgraded rebranding of Harvester. M & B own the property so had very little choice other than to rebrand as the Harvester name has dropped off drastically. IMHO you could never class this as good steak house compared to the places being mentioned on this thread. If you want a steak in a chain pub then this is OK and VFM but dont confuse it with a decent solo restaurant.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
That will be a slight improvement on the rubbish served up at The Sergison as I know a number of people who used to go there regularly but have stopped going in there. Problem is both companies are subsidiaries of M & B so the normal company orientated menu with no regard for customers will be in operation.

Basically a slight upgrade in quality and more expensive Harvester.

What was the place called prior to the Segison Arms? I seem to remember eating there many years ago when it had a different name. They used to do really good offers on weekday evenings, as long as you were seated by 6.30.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
This is just an upgraded rebranding of Harvester. M & B own the property so had very little choice other than to rebrand as the Harvester name has dropped off drastically. IMHO you could never class this as good steak house compared to the places being mentioned on this thread. If you want a steak in a chain pub then this is OK and VFM but dont confuse it with a decent solo restaurant.

Does the Harvester reataurant in Haywards Heath still exist?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What was the place called prior to the Segison Arms? I seem to remember eating there many years ago when it had a different name. They used to do really good offers on weekday evenings, as long as you were seated by 6.30.

It was originally The Sergison then became The Dolphin operating under the banner of Vintage Character Inns or similar then went back to its old name of The Sergison. The standard of both food and service has dropped off in the last few years. I am sure when they re open as Miller Carter they will initially do well.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Yes but the menu now is very poor and if you order a steak they cook it how they want not as you ask. The only good point is that they still have the salad bar starter. I am told by my sons that the breakfast menu is good and VFM.

I suppose most brands, however successful, can become tired over time, and need frshening up.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
That will be a slight improvement on the rubbish served up at The Sergison as I know a number of people who used to go there regularly but have stopped going in there. Problem is both companies are subsidiaries of M & B so the normal company orientated menu with no regard for customers will be in operation.

Basically a slight upgrade in quality and more expensive Harvester.
i agree and its target is £39,000 pw

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Yes but the menu now is very poor and if you order a steak they cook it how they want not as you ask. The only good point is that they still have the salad bar starter. I am told by my sons that the breakfast menu is good and VFM.
Some Staff have to reapply for jobs.
The Serg was good pub in the old days even had a dart board one of the old landlords like dogs:facepalm::sheep::whistle:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here