Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

School in Lewes bans girls from wearing skirts in new PC drive

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Exactly I don't understand why this needs to be a transgender issue.

If the girls are dressing like little strumpets warn them then introduce an effective measure to stop them, simples.

This post was bought to you for the sole purpose of using the word 'strumpet'.
Thank you for your time.

Your good use of the word 'strumpet' is completely negated by your use of the word 'simples'. You've let yourself down there.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Isn't it interesting that they've forced them to wear trousers rather than forcing them all to wear skirts. Trousers, a historically male garment are so now widely worn by one and all that they're considered to be gender neutral, yet skirts are still considered entirely feminine. There's a moral and social discussion to be had here.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia

If the girls are dressing like little strumpets warn them then introduce an effective measure to stop them, simples.

This post was bought to you for the sole purpose of using the word 'strumpet'.
Thank you for your time.

It's not, people have picked out a small detail from the quote the transgender thing which just a plus form the decision. It looks like it's actually about standardising uniforms between the sexes and preventing the age old issue of schoolgirls skirt length,

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

political brownie points i suppose. doesn't actually need mentioning unless you want to get kudos for thinking about those issues.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Isn't it interesting that they've forced them to wear trousers rather than forcing them all to wear skirts. Trousers, a historically male garment are so now widely worn by one and all that they're considered to be gender neutral, yet skirts are still considered entirely feminine. There's a moral and social discussion to be had here.

You really have missed the point of putting them all in trousers, haven't you.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
My son has been selected as "Head Boy" for the Burgess Hill Academy formerly Oakmeeds for those who are a bit older....... anyway they have now changed the name to " Student Principal".... I suspect also a PC move as it were....

Will always be Head Boy to me...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Girls have worn skirts for years. I'm afraid it just more lefty PC bollocks and we all know it. Things where OK as they where.

Where?

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Gender neutral :tosser:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
From the Telegraph atricle on the same:

Explaining why he brought in the uniform change, headteacher Mr Smith said: "Pupils have been saying why do boys have to where ties and girls don't, and girls have different uniform to boys.

"So we decided to have the same uniform for everybody from Year 7. Another issue was that we have a small but increasing number of transgender students and therefore having the same uniform is important for them."

Speaking about concerns raised by parents over how skirts were being worn, he said: "We know the current uniform is not necessarily worn as respectfully as it should be.

"There were problems with decency and a number of issues raised by people in the community about how students were wearing uniform."

If you are considering getting titsy about this then I suggest refocusing your anger onto something more important, or going for a long walk or knocking one out or something. Anything to take your mind off this utter triviality.

I'm obviously out of touch on such important issues, but I am having difficulty understanding how or indeed why an 11 year old would consider themselves transgender.

If this is in fact part of the reason, why not just give the option of wearing trousers or skirts, this way those that prefer trousers can, and those that don't want to, don't have to.

But commonsense never seems to apply in respect of school uniforms

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
It's not, people have picked out a small detail from the quote the transgender thing which just a plus form the decision.

then why did the school need to mention the transgender angle? because they want to make an issue of it: "look at us supporting transgender pupils"

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
My son has been selected as "Head Boy" for the Burgess Hill Academy formerly Oakmeeds for those who are a bit older....... anyway they have now changed the name to " Student Principal".... I suspect also a PC move as it were....

Sounds like a command.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Sounds more like there is already a Head Boy and Student Principle is a kind of consolation prize for students who would get upset not being chosen.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Sounds more like there is already a Head Boy and Student Principle is a kind of consolation prize for students who would get upset not being chosen.

It does dosent it.... hence my slight annoyance of the name change...

Its for those students that dont identify with Boy or Girl.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Schools going well OTT now with uniforms. Never did older generations much harm wearing shorts when it's boiling or skirts at a sensible length. Worlds gone to PC for its own good. To many people being offended on behalf of others

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It does dosent it.... hence my slight annoyance of the name change...

Its for those students that dont identify with Boy or Girl.

Very odd. I'd just stick Head Boy on any future applications etc and let the PC brigade wet themselves over what to call it. It's a good accolade though, well done Marshy Jr

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
From the Telegraph atricle on the same:

Explaining why he brought in the uniform change, headteacher Mr Smith said: "Pupils have been saying why do boys have to where ties and girls don't, and girls have different uniform to boys.

"So we decided to have the same uniform for everybody from Year 7. Another issue was that we have a small but increasing number of transgender students and therefore having the same uniform is important for them."

Speaking about concerns raised by parents over how skirts were being worn, he said: "We know the current uniform is not necessarily worn as respectfully as it should be.

"There were problems with decency and a number of issues raised by people in the community about how students were wearing uniform."

If you are considering getting titsy about this then I suggest refocusing your anger onto something more important, or going for a long walk or knocking one out or something. Anything to take your mind off this utter triviality.

Am I allowed to get titsy about this, though?

Last edited:

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
The actual problem is one of girls rolling their skirts up to make them shorter. Parents will send them out with the correct skirt then half way down the road they'll get rolled up. Same in school, teacher in class 1 will tell them to roll skirts down, walking to class 2 skirts rolled up again, teacher in class 2 tells them to roll them down again, break they get rolled up again, etc, etc. It isn't just a few it is quite a lot. Trousers just eradicate what is a tiresome issue.
When I was at Longhill in the early eighties had the same routine but with 10 hole Docs and rolling up my trouser legs ..............teacher shouts roll em down .........teacher f**ks off , roll em back up !!!

All day long.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Very odd. I'd just stick Head Boy on any future applications etc and let the PC brigade wet themselves over what to call it. It's a good accolade though, well done Marshy Jr

Indeed, thats what I told him... Head Boy on all College/University applications going forward....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here