Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

School in Lewes bans girls from wearing skirts in new PC drive

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Parents have criticised a school which has banned girls from wearing skirts.

Priory School in Lewes says from now on, all new Year 7 pupils must wear trousers.

Headteacher Tony Smith brought in the measure to deal with complaints from parents about short skirts and to make the uniform gender neutral for transgender students.

Instead of wearing a grey skirt, girls must now must wear grey trousers.

But some parents feel angry trousers have been enforced at the school, which is rated good by Ofsted."

Outrage!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
shirely the point of being transgender is you get to express yourself as another gender?

Saltydog

Aug 29, 2011
Ocean Wave
But some parents feel angry trousers have been enforced at the school, which is rated good by Ofsted."

Why are the trousers angry and why does Osted rate this a good for them to be angry?

Feel sorry for younger generations - girls having long hair and boys having short hair will be the next taboo.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I would have been very disappointed if this had been implemented when I went to that school.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
FFS ... how do schools continually get something so simple so utterly wrong? Seriously, it's easy. Just define the colour and leave the style optional (within defined limits, such as minimum skirt length). That's what I had when I went to school 20-something years ago in Australia, and it blimin' well worked.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
From the Telegraph atricle on the same:

Explaining why he brought in the uniform change, headteacher Mr Smith said: "Pupils have been saying why do boys have to where ties and girls don't, and girls have different uniform to boys.

"So we decided to have the same uniform for everybody from Year 7. Another issue was that we have a small but increasing number of transgender students and therefore having the same uniform is important for them."

Speaking about concerns raised by parents over how skirts were being worn, he said: "We know the current uniform is not necessarily worn as respectfully as it should be.

"There were problems with decency and a number of issues raised by people in the community about how students were wearing uniform."

If you are considering getting titsy about this then I suggest refocusing your anger onto something more important, or going for a long walk or knocking one out or something. Anything to take your mind off this utter triviality.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Ridiculous over the top reaction. Typical of certain mindset which seems to be prevalent in schools and councils. I mean the sensible solution would be to send home any girl with a skirt x inches above their knees.

Now all girls get punished for a few. Girls and boys grow up and are expected, in life, to wear different clothes. They should learn that at school and it's a lesson in life.

Just like that asbestos post on here a recently. A classroom gets shut down and the school spends a fortune on a asbestos survey because a teacher put a drawing pin into an artext ceiling that might have contained asbestos.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
The actual problem is one of girls rolling their skirts up to make them shorter. Parents will send them out with the correct skirt then half way down the road they'll get rolled up. Same in school, teacher in class 1 will tell them to roll skirts down, walking to class 2 skirts rolled up again, teacher in class 2 tells them to roll them down again, break they get rolled up again, etc, etc. It isn't just a few it is quite a lot. Trousers just eradicate what is a tiresome issue.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
My wife has been wearing the trousers since shortly after I met her. We don't want to encourage this trait from such an early age.

D

Deleted member 22389

Girls have worn skirts for years. I'm afraid it just more lefty PC bollocks and we all know it. Things where OK as they where.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The actual problem is one of girls rolling their skirts up to make them shorter. Parents will send them out with the correct skirt then half way down the road they'll get rolled up. Same in school, teacher in class 1 will tell them to roll skirts down, walking to class 2 skirts rolled up again, teacher in class 2 tells them to roll them down again, break they get rolled up again, etc, etc. It isn't just a few it is quite a lot. Trousers just eradicate what is a tiresome issue.

Exactly I don't understand why this needs to be a transgender issue.

If the girls are dressing like little strumpets warn them then introduce an effective measure to stop them, simples.

This post was bought to you for the sole purpose of using the word 'strumpet'.
Thank you for your time.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here