Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 166
  1. #131
    Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Faversham
    Posts
    5,660


    0 Not allowed!
    It is simple.

    Thirteen pages on school uniform means that NSC is completely ****ed.

    #premierleaguereadymyarse

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q93v7hGZA

    Premier League : Brighton, le club le plus cool d'Angleterre

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #132
      Resident Australian Tyrone Biggums's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2006
      Location
      Geelong, Australia
      Posts
      9,803


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by jaghebby View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Where your argument and so called "empirical evidence" falls down is of course for most of history women have been treated as second class citizens, in ours and many other cultures! So women haven't had either the opportunities or equality to become leaders!
      They have been the protected citizens.

      75% of the women on the Titanic survived, 20% of men.

      Why?
      It's a marathon, not a sprint.
    • #133
      Resident Australian Tyrone Biggums's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2006
      Location
      Geelong, Australia
      Posts
      9,803


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by McTavish View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Do you really believe that the reason that there have been so few women leaders throughout history is due to leadership ability? If that is the case, why are there so many more female leaders now than there were 50 years ago (let alone 150 years ago)? Have women somehow got better at leadership, if so how?
      There are more female leaders now because we've come to a place in time where hundreds of millions of men have died to create a world were we have more areas of peace and democracy than we have had in history.

      Leaders are people who used to have to prove themselves to others so that they would have confidence in following them. Once the confidence was gone, they were gone.

      That's not the case these days.
      It's a marathon, not a sprint.
    • #134

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      There are more female leaders now because we've come to a place in time where hundreds of millions of men have died to create a world were we have more areas of peace and democracy than we have had in history.

      Leaders are people who used to have to prove themselves to others so that they would have confidence in following them. Once the confidence was gone, they were gone.

      That's not the case these days.
      But you said "men make better leaders"; you now seem to be saying "men make better leaders when fighting is involved which the leader may have to be involved in," not quite the same thing..
    • #135
      Members wellquickwoody's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      Melbourne
      Posts
      8,839


      2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Notters View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      (I was wearing 3/4 length shorts)
      Should have fired you
      Simon Jordan, "Palace could be the Manchester United of the South" - That is why I love having the gypsies as our rivals
    • #136
      Resident Australian Tyrone Biggums's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2006
      Location
      Geelong, Australia
      Posts
      9,803


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by McTavish View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      But you said "men make better leaders"; you now seem to be saying "men make better leaders when fighting is involved which the leader may have to be involved in," not quite the same thing..
      Still all part of the human psyche. People are more inclined to follow someone they see as strong and capable. Can perform under pressure and not get emotional.

      Been in the workforce 25 years and never seen a man cry in the work place, seen a heap of women cry at work though.

      Men do make better leaders, doesn't mean women don't excel in other areas does it?
      It's a marathon, not a sprint.
    • #137

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Still all part of the human psyche. People are more inclined to follow someone they see as strong and capable. Can perform under pressure and not get emotional.

      Been in the workforce 25 years and never seen a man cry in the work place, seen a heap of women cry at work though.

      Men do make better leaders, doesn't mean women don't excel in other areas does it?
      Just repeating that men make better leaders doesn't make it true.

      Some women are seen as strong, capable, able to perform under pressure some men aren't.
    • #138
      Members CheeseRolls's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2009
      Location
      Shoreham Beach
      Posts
      3,512


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Still all part of the human psyche. People are more inclined to follow someone they see as strong and capable. Can perform under pressure and not get emotional.

      Been in the workforce 25 years and never seen a man cry in the work place, seen a heap of women cry at work though.

      Men do make better leaders, doesn't mean women don't excel in other areas does it?
      Strange I have see far far worse things in a work environment than someone crying. An odd criteria to judge leadership.

      I guess we are all shaped by our experiences. I have seen many effective female leaders. Not sure why this has not been the case for you, but I suspect not many smart women want to hang around too long in the arse end of nowhere.

      Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    • #139
      Members Ludensian Gull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2009
      Location
      Ludford . Lincolnshire
      Posts
      1,591


      0 Not allowed!
      Not sure if it's been mentioned on this thread but locally (Grimsby) 2 lads of 11 or 12 I believe, were put in isolation yesterday because their hair was deemed too short . Both looked very smart , grade 2 on the side's and back with slightly longer top . Nothing wrong with it whatsoever, really not sure what these schools are trying to achieve by this . Back n my day we had hair down to our shoulders
      “Of all the things I am not very good at, living in the real world is perhaps the most outstanding.”
    • #140
      Resident Australian Tyrone Biggums's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2006
      Location
      Geelong, Australia
      Posts
      9,803


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by McTavish View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Just repeating that men make better leaders doesn't make it true.

      Some women are seen as strong, capable, able to perform under pressure some men aren't.
      Yeah we're working on the %'s here. Nobody said some aren't seen as that way.

      Men make better leaders, women make better nurses. Nothing too controversial there.
      It's a marathon, not a sprint.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
yyy