Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast
    Members

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldeanseagull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So I'm not hu man any more? Surely this goes against ones hu man rights?
    exactly...and I assume fe-male is no longer considered appropriate

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      There seems to me something very ironic that in this age of diversity, freedom to express whatever preferences you wish - we want to avoid pigeon holing people into one of two genders, so we'll actually just make everyone a neutral grey clone instead. Very diverse that. Sign me up for the mandatory short back and sides with grey jumpsuit uniform. The future is here.

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by McTavish View Post
      School uniform rules are an area which have caused a problem for a number of schools, for example many schools have had rules that say girls can wear a small pair of earstuds but boys are not allowed to wear any sort of ear jewellry. A boy at a school near me was sent home for wearing earstuds, his parents challenged this on the grounds that it was discriminatory; the school accepted that it was and changed their rules.

This prompted a discussion about school uniform rules in general, for example why did boys have to wear ties and girls didn't, why could girls wear skirts but boys couldn't, with the result that the uniform rules are now not gender specific - everyone has to wear a tie and boys can wear skirts if they want to. It would actually be simpler to specify trousers for everybody and I suspect that this may be a way that an increasing number of schools go.

Don't really see why it is "lefty" or "PC bollocks" - it just makes the rules simpler and fairer for everyone (and as has already been discussed, enforcing the rules on girls' skirt lengths is a tedious and never-ending chore for many teachers...)
      I would like to see a similar approach in terms of workplace dress, I have now worked in several places where it is shirt, tie, trousers and shoes for men and anything but denim for women. My last job was in Madrid and so in 40 degree heat the ladies were in loose fit dresses and flip flops whilst the men sweated it out in formal dress, did not seem fair to me one bit.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by WonderingSoton View Post
      There seems to me something very ironic that in this age of diversity, freedom to express whatever preferences you wish - we want to avoid pigeon holing people into one of two genders, so we'll actually just make everyone a neutral grey clone instead. Very diverse that. Sign me up for the mandatory short back and sides with grey jumpsuit uniform. The future is here.
      Hang on, I haven't given you your number yet as names and your sex will be deleted from the database. From now on you will be known as 00323421
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Just a shame for the straight teenage lads a clear violation of their human rights

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Wilko View Post
      I would like to see a similar approach in terms of workplace dress, I have now worked in several places where it is shirt, tie, trousers and shoes for men and anything but denim for women. My last job was in Madrid and so in 40 degree heat the ladies were in loose fit dresses and flip flops whilst the men sweated it out in formal dress, did not seem fair to me one bit.
      Actually got told to go home and put trousers on (I was wearing 3/4 length shorts) by my boss who was wearing a denim miniskirt once. I didn't - I got a new job though.
      Quote Originally Posted by Billy the Fish View Post
      Are people taking stupidity pills on here today or something

2 Not allowed!
      I cannot stand this " gender neutral" nonsense. Boys will be boys and girls are girls and long may it remain so...

The more I see, I think I have lived too long for this world...the lunatics are running the asylum.
      aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch Westdene Seagull's Avatar

4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by MattBackHome View Post
      If you are considering getting titsy about this then I suggest refocusing your anger onto something more important, or going for a long walk or knocking one out or something. Anything to take your mind off this utter triviality.
      Or maybe Head Teachers and teachers should concentrate on their quality of teaching rather utterly pointless things like uniform. The new generation of Heads seem to think that shoving kids in ties and blazers somehow improves learning - utterly ridiculous. They also don't live in the real world when it comes to costs parents have to cope with. Take for example Patcham High. They have now banned winter coats and brought in branded school winter coats. Parents were only given a few weeks notice and now have to spend a fortune on a coat that the kids are only going to wear to school. If it's so bloody important to the school that they all wear a school branded coat then the school should bloody well provide them at their cost !!!!!!!!!!
      The devil whispered in my ear : "You're not strong enough to withstand the storm."
      I whispered in the devils ear : " I am the storm."

0 Not allowed!
      So once again, People who accept who they were born as, and get on with there life, Are penalised because of all the gender madness that is going on!.
      Two Mad Professors Two Professors's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Some of the Asian girls,and their white friends,have taken to wearing this skirt/trouser combination,which I think solves the female modesty and uniform requirements nicely.
      Name:  as.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  33.8 KB
      'But above all,at the heart of Corbin's cake policy,is that you have a right to eat someone else's'.