Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion agree deal for Viktor Gyokeres

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I don't normally do sponsors, but there were a few clips of bauhaus being sponsored, including the name being adorned on the back of shorts :ohmy:

DougieJones

Sep 6, 2017
Probably a good signing. It's been talks about this being a done deal for about a month now. However, Brommapojkarna is in the middle of advancing to the highest division, so they didn't want to lose him at this point.

He'll cost Brighton about £1m. If he's worth it? He's probably worth it if you develop him the correct way. Strong and powerful striker. Pretty much impossible to stop when he's going towards goal. Sometimes he just creates chances out of nothing, since he's strong, pretty fast, smart, and have decent technique. Because of his size, people tend to believe that he's a target player, but from what I've seen he's way more of a ”runner”.

He's been awesome since Olof Mellberg (great manager and former Aston Villa defender) took over. Gyökeres played in the 3rd highest division last year. Got seven goals in 19 games. 10 goals in 21 games in the 2nd highest division so far this year. 7 goals in 16 games for the youth national teams.

I have no idea how many assist he's made this year. In the official (but quite terrible) stats, he's only got one. At Transfermarkt: six assist + one won penalty.

They've played Gyökeres a lot as a central striker in a 4-3-3. A few times he's been on the wing in the same formation.

Regarding his name: I have no idea about his family history and he plays for Sweden, but his last name looks very hungarian.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
4th pick striker, and straight into the squad for the FA Cup 3rd round match in early January ? ???

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Gosh very impressed he looks very good in the video looking forward to seeing him play welcome Victor

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
If this doesn't shut up the "do your transfer business early" merchants, nothing will.

You can look at it like that or you can ask why the hell we didn't wrap this up before deadline day !

It was reported in the media before deadline day ! Strange one ....

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Probably a good signing. It's been talks about this being a done deal for about a month now. However, Brommapojkarna is in the middle of advancing to the highest division, so they didn't want to lose him at this point.

He'll cost Brighton about £1m. If he's worth it? He's probably worth it if you develop him the correct way. Strong and powerful striker. Pretty much impossible to stop when he's going towards goal. Sometimes he just creates chances out of nothing, since he's strong, pretty fast, smart, and have decent technique. Because of his size, people tend to believe that he's a target player, but from what I've seen he's way more of a ”runner”.

He's been awesome since Olof Mellberg (great manager and former Aston Villa defender) took over. Gyökeres played in the 3rd highest division last year. Got seven goals in 19 games. 10 goals in 21 games in the 2nd highest division so far this year. 7 goals in 16 games for the youth national teams.

I have no idea how many assist he's made this year. In the official (but quite terrible) stats, he's only got one. At Transfermarkt: six assist + one won penalty.

They've played Gyökeres a lot as a central striker in a 4-3-3. A few times he's been on the wing in the same formation.

Regarding his name: I have no idea about his family history and he plays for Sweden, but his last name looks very hungarian.

From highlights he looks more like another bloody winger !

DougieJones

Sep 6, 2017
From highlights he looks more like another bloody winger !
No, I don't think he is. Ignore personality, quality difference etc and just look at the type of player, then I think he looks a bit like... Andre Gray? Maybe. As I said, he has played on the wing in a 4-3-3, but he's definitely a striker who just has some qualities that might fit on the wing.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
New deal. 3 year contract.

Encouraging. I wonder when he might get more of a sniff at the first team? ……. and that is not an appeal to "give him a go because he can't do much worse", or anything like that.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Encouraging. I wonder when he might get more of a sniff at the first team? ……. and that is not an appeal to "give him a go because he can't do much worse", or anything like that.
Hopefully if Cardiff don't win v Palace...

PaoloAlbioni

May 6, 2016
Good move. He looked sharp on the few occasions I’ve seen him play, esp earlier this year at the Amex in the FA Cup 3rd round.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

He really can't though, can he? As bad - yes. Worse - no. I'd love to see him play on Sunday.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He really can't though, can he? As bad - yes. Worse - no. I'd love to see him play on Sunday.

I would also love to see him playing on Sunday (as it would almost certainly mean that we were already mathematically safe).

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Haven't been impressed the two or three times I've seen him play. I wanted him to show promise, but I really didn't see any. I guess another one who needs time.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
We need to let some of our u23 near the first team if only to increase their value. We have a huge non-squad pool of talent (more players out on loan than anyone but Chelsea?) and in order to give them some resale value they need a few first team appearances. Just having a few 10mins now and again must add tens if not 100s of thousands to their value. If we aren't going to actually use them, then we should sell them on and use the money on players we will use... Wasn't that the whole argument for investing heavily in the academy?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here