Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leicester - Adrien Silva

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The part of the FA (or whichever branch it was) that go through all the transfers (all leagues) don't use fax machines. They visited part of their office on SSN on deadline day.

What if a few clubs submit there's just before the deadline, and the machine is printing stuff off?

It would show as incomplete transmission so not received and tell the sender the same.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
They had 12 (TWELVE) weeks.

84 days.

Shag them if they missed the fall of the portcullis by 14 seconds.

Absolute joke.

Maybe they have learnt a lesson for January or next summer ? ??? ??? ???

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
I'm sorry but this smacks of double standards to me. If it was a bigger club they'd have got away with it. Didn't Andre Arshavin sign for arsenal after the deadline a few years back,which was allowed by fifa?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Well done to them sticking to it. Late is late and if you allow 14 seconds and then someone isn't allowed 14 minutes there would be a huge and expensive court case.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It would show as incomplete transmission so not received and tell the sender the same.
Which could be legally challenged. If a club has sent it on time, you can't say the transfer doesn't count because the receiving machine was out of paper (or busy etc).

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Weren't Leicester the club on deadline day who had to drive backwards and forwards 7 times in a big black Range Rover with sheafs of paper to the office with the fax machine? I thought at the time, surely they could have a fax in the same building? Sorry, incompetent and they deserve to miss out. It looked amateurish and clearly it was!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here