Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Motty to commentate on us this week as part of his grand tour

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Jesus Christ indeed. I'd rather slide down a razor blade with my flies unzipped than do that. FFS.

Don't knock it till you tried it :wink:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Agree with THIS part...

But THIS part? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

"Oh its gone in. Has it? Yes. No. Its a throw in there"

(As the Paraguay defender heads decisively past his own keeper to give England the lead) "Ooh, I fancy the defender might have got the last touch there, Mark?"

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I suppose I'm the only one who regards him as a national treasure. I once did some work for his father, a clergyman from Lincolnshire as I recall, who had the same rosy cheeks and guileless enthusiasm as his son.

Haven't read the whole thread so this may have been mentioned, unless I am making it up, but wasn't Matson's father an Albion fan? Sure I read it somewhere many years ago

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Do you think it will be too warm for his sheepskin?

Seagullroyal

Dec 31, 2014
Seems like the consensus is that we should sing the 'One John Motson' song in the 50th minute.

I will start it off in the North Stand.

Hope you all join in.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Well the little segment with him on Football Focus just now made me slightly warm to him a touch more - his Dad was a season ticket holder, Müllers gave him a signed shirt, said it would be quite something to commentate on our first Premier League goal etc - but I still preferred Barry Davies.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Well the little segment with him on Football Focus just now made me slightly warm to him a touch more - his Dad was a season ticket holder, Müllers gave him a signed shirt, said it would be quite something to commentate on our first Premier League goal etc - but I still preferred Barry Davies.

Aye.....but i'll sit on the fence and say they are both as good as each other

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Very much enjoyed his commentary of our game. Other commentators resort to raising the vocal level far too much, most of the time. I wish he wasn't retiring. Can't stand the screaming levels of some.

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
Motty - Final Score report

Motty.jpg

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Thomas?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here