Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A thread of amazing covers

The best version Shirley?

Like them all, and expect Bob Dylan's accountant does as well.

Fortunate enough to have seen and heard Mr Z. Himself play it live at the Brighton Centre a good few years ago - I recall that even he plays the Hendrix version.

The best version Shirley?

Like them all, and expect Bob Dylan's accountant does as well.

Fortunate enough to have seen and heard Mr Z. Himself play it live at the Brighton Centre a good few years ago - I recall that even he plays the Hendrix version.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I'm just gonna list them rather than embedding YT vids (original artist in brackets)

Placebo - Running Up That Hill (Kate Bush)
Nightwish - Phantom of the Opera (Lloyd Webber)
Iron & Wine - Such Great Heights (The Postal Service)
Reel Big Fish - Take On Me (Aha)
Foo Fighters - Band On The Run (Wings)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I recall The Guardian said "Duran Duran probably patted themselves on the back for pushing musical boundaries with this cover....not realising that part of the reason musical boundaries exist is to stop multiple-yachted rock bloaters covering songs like this."

Cutting but funny.

Well now, I posted sarcastically but I have no time for musical snobbery.

Latest Duran Duran live review: https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/...ctric-picnic-a-teen-dream-made-real-1.3208917

What are PE up to these days?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Well now, I posted sarcastically but I have no time for musical snobbery.

Latest Duran Duran live review: https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/...ctric-picnic-a-teen-dream-made-real-1.3208917

What are PE up to these days?

Ha. I still think that quote is funny but I'm with you in not caring much for music snobbery. I have also seen Duran Duran a number of times. Last time was at The Centre. They're great fun, have a cracking back catalogue and I just love the idea that Simon Le Bon dresses well and still tries star-jumps as though he is still 20.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Ha. I still think that quote is funny but I'm with you in not caring much for music snobbery. I have also seen Duran Duran a number of times. Last time was at The Centre. They're great fun, have a cracking back catalogue and I just love the idea that Simon Le Bon dresses well and still tries star-jumps as though he is still 20.

And still play White Lines live. *cringe*

Great line from that review: "Duran Duran breeze in – a stylish cruise ship with all crew members remarkably tight in the face and the crotch."

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here