Page 26 of 43 FirstFirst ... 162324252627282936 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 430
  1. #251
    Drew drew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Burgess Hill
    Posts
    13,935


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by doogie004 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well only having one fit striker is unacceptable in this division . Out of interest what three teams do u think we will finish above ?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stating the bleeding obvious doesn't make you a genius. The club didn't plan to only have one fit striker. Doesn't matter which clubs finish below us as long as three do.

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #252
      Members
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Posts
      2,233


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Megazone View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Mistakes like that just prove how lazy Paul Barber really is. Not even bothering to proof read a really important message to us fans.
      He made a huge mistake with the 'N' rather than 'M'

      Some serious nit picking here.
    • #253
      Members studio150's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2011
      Location
      On the Border
      Posts
      12,297


      2 Not allowed!
      It will be interesting to see if Paul's comments are expanded upon in the programme on Saturday, or that is basically all there is.
      We are lucky as supporters that Paul is willing to address the fans in this way, as many clubs will just have hidden behind a wall of silence.

      I still fail to understand what actually the moaners wanted from the club. We were the 8th highest net spenders in Europe and would have gone higher if players had not failed medicals, or decided to stay on London for the season not playing first team forward.

      If we had landed Neymar for £200m I'm sure some would have still be moaning and saying he isn't the type of striker we need, no PL experience, can he perform on a Tuesday night at Stoke or Burnley.

      We are still only 3 games into the season and the new team is still learning about one another and the demands of the PL. We have a great manager, good organisation and quality players over the pitch.

      Let's get behind the team, and see how we have performed up to the next international break, I am certain that we will see an upturn in both performance and results, and the only moaning left to do, will be by those supporters who don't have enough loyalty points to get tickets for the glamour games.
    • #254
      Drew drew's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2006
      Location
      Burgess Hill
      Posts
      13,935


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Guinness Boy View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Groß was signed on 19 May. The window closed at the end of August. So you're technically correct by 4 days IF we go off our first surprising signing, but if you round up to half months you're wrong.

      Considering we're discussing a long period, rather than a tiny one, you might as well have not bothered posting that at all. 3 months and 12 days is enough to get 2 strikers in. I've delivered complex software releases in less time. And I'm lazily using the Groß signing as a start point because it's late.
      Was that the official signing date or just when they announced the agreement. Our window didn't open until 9th June and Germany's the 1st July!
    • #255
      tinky ****in winky sydney's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      town full of eejits
      Posts
      10,011


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by maltaseagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      If only we had signed a quality striker we would be in the premier league by now........................... ...........
      mate......our trouble finding the net is no secret.
      FLOUNDERING...!!!
    • #256
      Registered loser Megazone's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2015
      Posts
      5,484


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dangull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      He made a huge mistake with the 'N' rather than 'M'

      Some serious nit picking here.
      Not nit-picking one bit. The straw which broke the camel's back I'm afraid.

      If our director isn't even proof reading what he's writing with ridiculous errors like that, then we really haven't got a lot of hope.
    • #257
      Progressive Patriot clapham_gull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2003
      Posts
      17,010


      4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by tip top View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      HUGE own goal by our Paul unfortunately.

      His time is very much limited.
      Christ

      We've got one of the best CEOs in the industry. Agree with him or not, his time will come when another club poaches him.

      One thing you can't criticise the club for (post Withdean) is learning from it's mistakes.

      First time in the Premier League against an extraordinary window. It's hard enough playing the likes of Watford and Bournemouth who have had to learn very quickly how to become Premier League savvy.

      I was as gutted as everyone else, but one thing I believe is that those involved have taken this as a huge learning experience and we will be better next time.

      But more importantly better than others.
      Last edited by clapham_gull; 05-09-2017 at 23:47.
    • #258
      Surrounded by <div>s Grombleton's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2011
      Posts
      4,804


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Megazone View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Not nit-picking one bit. The straw which broke the camel's back I'm afraid.

      If our director isn't even proof reading what he's writing with ridiculous errors like that, then we really haven't got a lot of hope.
      As batshit insane as this can be, I can't tell if you're being serious or not.
    • #259
      Progressive Patriot clapham_gull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2003
      Posts
      17,010


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Megazone View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Not nit-picking one bit. The straw which broke the camel's back I'm afraid.

      If our director isn't even proof reading what he's writing with ridiculous errors like that, then we really haven't got a lot of hope.
      Really ?

      I'd rather have that something sanitised by a PR department.

      I like people like that which is completely different from agreeing with everything they say.
    • #260
      Broad Blue & White stripe perseus's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Sūþseaxna
      Posts
      21,024


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Guinness Boy View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Andy's still up. Praise the Lord.

      I'd say we missed out on Dwamena, Janssen and Andone.
      We tried on those. Blocked rather than missed. I would include Abraham in being unobtainable.

      Bournemouth in their first summer up did worse than we did (on paper). I thought it might be very difficult to find the striker we needed.

      Newcastle did worse, not better than us, Swansea and Watford did quite well though. Swansea nd Watford were my two tips for the bottom two. A bit closer now.
      Last edited by perseus; 06-09-2017 at 00:03.


      Brighton = blue
      Albion = white
      Hove = just a little gold necklace stripe

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •