Page 26 of 43 FirstFirst ... 162324252627282936 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by doogie004 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well only having one fit striker is unacceptable in this division . Out of interest what three teams do u think we will finish above ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stating the bleeding obvious doesn't make you a genius. The club didn't plan to only have one fit striker. Doesn't matter which clubs finish below us as long as three do.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Megazone View Post
      Mistakes like that just prove how lazy Paul Barber really is. Not even bothering to proof read a really important message to us fans.
      He made a huge mistake with the 'N' rather than 'M'

Some serious nit picking here.

2 Not allowed!
      It will be interesting to see if Paul's comments are expanded upon in the programme on Saturday, or that is basically all there is.
      We are lucky as supporters that Paul is willing to address the fans in this way, as many clubs will just have hidden behind a wall of silence.

I still fail to understand what actually the moaners wanted from the club. We were the 8th highest net spenders in Europe and would have gone higher if players had not failed medicals, or decided to stay on London for the season not playing first team forward.

If we had landed Neymar for £200m I'm sure some would have still be moaning and saying he isn't the type of striker we need, no PL experience, can he perform on a Tuesday night at Stoke or Burnley.

We are still only 3 games into the season and the new team is still learning about one another and the demands of the PL. We have a great manager, good organisation and quality players over the pitch.

Let's get behind the team, and see how we have performed up to the next international break, I am certain that we will see an upturn in both performance and results, and the only moaning left to do, will be by those supporters who don't have enough loyalty points to get tickets for the glamour games.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Guinness Boy View Post
      Groß was signed on 19 May. The window closed at the end of August. So you're technically correct by 4 days IF we go off our first surprising signing, but if you round up to half months you're wrong.

Considering we're discussing a long period, rather than a tiny one, you might as well have not bothered posting that at all. 3 months and 12 days is enough to get 2 strikers in. I've delivered complex software releases in less time. And I'm lazily using the Groß signing as a start point because it's late.
      Was that the official signing date or just when they announced the agreement. Our window didn't open until 9th June and Germany's the 1st July!

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by maltaseagull View Post
      If only we had signed a quality striker we would be in the premier league by now........................... ...........
      mate......our trouble finding the net is no secret.
      FLOUNDERING...!!!

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dangull View Post
      He made a huge mistake with the 'N' rather than 'M'

Some serious nit picking here.
      Not nit-picking one bit. The straw which broke the camel's back I'm afraid.

If our director isn't even proof reading what he's writing with ridiculous errors like that, then we really haven't got a lot of hope.
      Progressive Patriot clapham_gull's Avatar

4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by tip top View Post
      HUGE own goal by our Paul unfortunately.

His time is very much limited.
      Christ

We've got one of the best CEOs in the industry. Agree with him or not, his time will come when another club poaches him.

One thing you can't criticise the club for (post Withdean) is learning from it's mistakes.

First time in the Premier League against an extraordinary window. It's hard enough playing the likes of Watford and Bournemouth who have had to learn very quickly how to become Premier League savvy.

I was as gutted as everyone else, but one thing I believe is that those involved have taken this as a huge learning experience and we will be better next time.

But more importantly better than others.
      Last edited by clapham_gull; 05-09-2017 at 23:47.
      Surrounded by <div>s Grombleton's Avatar

1 Not allowed!

If our director isn't even proof reading what he's writing with ridiculous errors like that, then we really haven't got a lot of hope.
      As batshit insane as this can be, I can't tell if you're being serious or not.
      Progressive Patriot clapham_gull's Avatar

1 Not allowed!

Really ?

I'd rather have that something sanitised by a PR department.

I like people like that which is completely different from agreeing with everything they say.
      Broad Blue & White stripe perseus's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Guinness Boy View Post
      Andy's still up. Praise the Lord.

I'd say we missed out on Dwamena, Janssen and Andone.
      We tried on those. Blocked rather than missed. I would include Abraham in being unobtainable.

Bournemouth in their first summer up did worse than we did (on paper). I thought it might be very difficult to find the striker we needed.

Newcastle did worse, not better than us, Swansea and Watford did quite well though. Swansea nd Watford were my two tips for the bottom two. A bit closer now.
      Last edited by perseus; 06-09-2017 at 00:03.

Brighton = blue
      Albion = white
      Hove = just a little gold necklace stripe