Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 41112131415161724 ... LastLast
    Broad Blue & White stripe perseus's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Nothing worse than lashing out £10 milion plus for a Dutch international striker who doesn't score goals in the Premier League. And I was not referring to Janssen.

I could only think of one striker and his wages would have been prohibitive. What strikers?

Looks like we might have missed the Slovakian goal scorer, but he was a midfielder. It remains to be seen if the unknown Huddersfield forwards they signed are any good?

Brighton = blue
    Albion = white
    Hove = just a little gold necklace stripe

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

1 Not allowed!
      Paul Barber is a first class TOSSER and l for one would love to see him sacked.

2 Not allowed!
      The club have screw up big time. And the very fact the chairman is writing open letters and Barber feels compelled to write a 500 page report on the subject, just highlights it. We've had months and months to get strikers in and we ain't got 1 fit striker in squad now. And to think people are suggesting putting our number 1 prized defender up front, just proves even further what a balls up it is. We are in the premier league ffs, not Conference South. Even suggesting putting Dunk up top is laughable at this level. But that's the reality of the situation we find ourselves in....anyway Keep the faith and keep paying the top prices to view no strikers....Just the most important area of the pitch.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Paul Barber is a first class TOSSER and l for one would love to see him sacked.
      Name:  The-reason-to-get-off-the-fence.jpg
Views: 272
Size:  29.0 KB

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Is it PotG? View Post
      Name:  The-reason-to-get-off-the-fence.jpg
Views: 272
Size:  29.0 KB
      That reminded me of this; https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...GZlo76uKj4KSUQ

Is that Barber in the hole?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Deadly Danson View Post
      So there's fans who think he should have said nothing and fans who think he should have said more and with more empathy. Shows that he can't win.
      Well this fan is very happy to hear from the organ grinder and what the monkey had to say was of no significance to me. Bloom never seems to feel the need to have a dig at fans unlike Barber. Probably because Tony is a fan understands their frustration more than the paid employee does.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Audax View Post
      The worst of the personal attacks will most likely have been sent anonymously, and privately, direct to the club.
      Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
      I’m aware that NSC seems to attract the most vociferous of views
      Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
      hardly any of the (largely anonymous) criticism directed at the club on social media has made its way to us directly in the form of emails or letters
      Seems to suggest otherwise.
      "I am repeatedly a fan of his braggish self-assurance. No point, that I can remember, has he ever been foolish or incorrect. All based on scientific, biblical fact. He's a vivid sermoniser whose halo sometimes burns those who dare to question."

1 Not allowed!
      Wonder if Barber will address the transfer window plans now it looks like there isn't a fit striker in the squad

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by fosters headband View Post
      Well this fan is very happy to hear from the organ grinder and what the monkey had to say was of no significance to me. Bloom never seems to feel the need to have a dig at fans unlike Barber. Probably because Tony is a fan understands their frustration more than the paid employee does.
      Yep - exactly as I see it.

And £500k pa is a lot of pay to receive for not signing a striker. Perhaps Barber had to write the same diatribe to TB?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Longing for retirement. AmexRuislip's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      We are still newcomers in this PL, still learning from the last transfer window and will have more experience when the next one appears.
      This sums it up for me IMO.

- nevertheless, and regardless of ambition - ours is to stay in the Premier League - we always have a responsibility to run the club prudently and sensibly for the chairman and for the benefit of future generations.