Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hemed Injured - BBC

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I'm really looking forward to Saturday's match now. Whatever we end up doing it's likely to be innovative. It might be out of necessity but it's going to be interesting to see.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8109855 said:
..................... Ryan ......................

Bruno ... Duffy ... Dunk ... Suttner

....... Stephens ..... Sidwell .........

Knockaert .... Propper .... March

.................. Izquierdo ................

Totally this.Pace and the ability to beat a man and get inside the area is the best way to beat them anyway, so this will force to try and play that way. Hemed against their defence? they would have eaten him alive in a physical battle.

You just know it's going to be Murphy up top now with Groß just in behind.

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
I recall a time some years ago when Sheffield Wednesday had no option but to take Paul Warhurst out of central defence and stick him upfront. He then scored 12 goals in as many games and got an England call-up too. Over to you Dunky...

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
So the club are confident he'll be okay for Saturday. That'll be him out for six weeks then.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
I love how most are conveniently ignoring he's 'touch and go' for tonight, meaning that's it's obviously something minor and he'll be fine for Saturday (unless he gets injured in the meantime). Any opportunity for a binfest!

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
Some reports suggest a thigh strain? Never had one myself so couldn't tell you how long it takes to get over that. I had a dead leg that James 'Winky' Kavanagh gave me at school one lunchtime but I was right as rain within an hour or so....

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Some reports suggest a thigh strain? Never had one myself so couldn't tell you how long it takes to get over that. I had a dead leg that James 'Winky' Kavanagh gave me at school one lunchtime but I was right as rain within an hour or so....

If it's anything like Baldock's thigh problems he'll be out until xmas

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The problem with asking the DS to step up is (based on the MK performance) they are not good enough. Would rather have a proven international in Hemed up front than rely on a youngster from the DS.

No problem in say Tilley being on the bench and coming on, but hopefully Hemed and Murray will be fit for Saturday.
Yes, but we're talking about what if he's injured.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I recall a time some years ago when Sheffield Wednesday had no option but to take Paul Warhurst out of central defence and stick him upfront. He then scored 12 goals in as many games and got an England call-up too. Over to you Dunky...

I have long dreamed of Dunk being a target man. Genuinely think he'd be brilliant at it.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I have long dreamed of Dunk being a target man. Genuinely think he'd be brilliant at it.

Well, in a real emergency why not give it a go? Mark McGhee did the self same thing with Adam Virgo during an injury crisis. It certainly worked for him in the short term.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
If true, you have to say we only have ourselfs to blame. 3 strikers in a squad is the bare min. We knew Murray was injured a fortnight ago and done nothing. Then we knew we only had 1 fit striker. Wasted our last loan on a keeper and still got no striker. I don't really even see how we can moan about it. It was bound to happen. Serves us right tbh, what do people expect?

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
I fear what this might unleash. But BBC are reporting that Hemed is injured and in doubt for tonight's Israel game.

"Some alarming news for Brighton fans.Tomer Hemed will be a match-time decision for tonight's match vs. Italy. Appears to have injury."
[tweet]905018919236366336[/tweet]

Can't be arsed to trawl through 12 pages. If it's a match-time decision then surely he has a chance of playing. If it was serious then they wouldn't even consider him.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Well, in a real emergency why not give it a go? Mark McGhee did the self same thing with Adam Virgo during an injury crisis. It certainly worked for him in the short term.

Great, turn one half of the reason we have kept goals conceded down into a makeshift attacker. this is the Premier League not League One at Withdean FFS

The fact that we are even discussing this is a a bit tinpot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here