Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hemed Injured - BBC

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
All will be well . WBA will be well beaten this Saturday . They will be torn apart .

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Could you argue that they would run rings around immobile lumps, and encourage cards?

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

I was thinking of David and Goliath ..but maybe not just nicking the ball through there legs but he could follow :D
Defending set pieces could be interesting

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
See, this goes to why I think we had a very average window indeed. In purely numerical terms, counting out and out strikers, we now have fewer than we finished last season with. We haven't actually replaced Akpom.

What we do have though is options. If Hemed is injured then we could bring in Tilley, we could play Izquierdo there, Brown can play there at a push but may still be injured, even Murphy has experience there. But none of this is ideal. People have taken the lack of striker moan to be a diss of Hemed or Murray but the issue for me was always that we had insufficient cover, and that's why I said throughout the window we needed to bring 2 in.

I'm with you totally on this, and it's not as if we have anyone from the Development Squad ready to take on the mantle of Prem striker either. It was ESSENTIAL we replaced Akpom, it was DESIRABLE that we upgraded Hemed.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Izqueirdo up front with Pröpper sat just behind him, it's the way forward. Pröpper used his space in a really smart way the other night for Holland, we need to experiment more going forward, what have we actually got to lose?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Isn't James Tilley more of a Baldock, 2nd striker player. He's not an out and out striker. Not a lead the line player like Hemed or Murray. He's been playing behind Connolly in the u23s this season.
Wouldn't those asking him to step up to the Premier League on very limited experience , also be playing him out of position.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
And Hemed is on how much a week? I really couldn't give a toss if he's on the pitch or sat in hospital. He doesn't need my pity the squad is much more important than his legs/groin/whatever

Exactly. Why would anyone be happy for any of our squad to be injured and unavailable!? Bizarre.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
Isn't James Tilley more of a Baldock, 2nd striker player. He's not an out and out striker. Not a lead the line player like Hemed or Murray. He's been playing behind Connolly in the u23s this season.
Wouldn't those asking him to step up to the Premier League on very limited experience , also be playing him out of position.

Last time I watched Tilley play he was on the right wing

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Last time I watched Tilley play he was on the right wing

Yep Tilley is a winger or at least that's where he plays most. Connolly is nowhere near ready - he was bouncing off Barnet defenders so I dread to think what a Pulis team would do to him. I do actually wonder if Connolly will make it despite his obvious skill and determination - he is very short

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
Just out for coffee with my Dad. "I mean, what's going to happen if Hemed gets a knock?" he says. I open NSC approx 90secs later. "Hemed's injured, Dad."

You couldn't make it up.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Correct. Especially Tilley.

For me, against a WBA team that lack pace.. presuming no Hemed or Murray available.

------------------------- Ryan------------------------
Bruno--------- Dunk-------Duffy-------Suttner
---------------Stephens -----Sidwell------------
-----------------------------Propper-------------------
Knockeart----------Izquerdo-------------March

We'd get hammered of course, but it might be fun for five minutes.

This. Don't think we would get hammered, we're solid enough at the back. Seriously quick and flairy up front. Go for it, especially at home.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Connolly is nowhere near ready - he was bouncing off Barnet defenders so I dread to think what a Pulis team would do to him. I do actually wonder if Connolly will make it despite his obvious skill and determination - he is very short

shhhh

don't say that, I did after the Barnet game and got rounded on by the NSC Mafia.....

#hewontmakeitatthealbion

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here