Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hemed Injured - BBC

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
If he is injured, although bad news for him personally, I really don't think it's that bad for us.

I desperately want us to start with Knockaert, March and Ezquierdo up front. I like Tomer and he was good in the championship but he just isn't premier league standard and I think he holds us back by being in the team. That front three could potentially be very exciting.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Frankly this is good news, he is dross and it'll force CH to do something creative with our attackers which I'd much prefer to spending half a season watching Hemed futilely chase balls he has no chance of doing anything with.

Takes a special kind of person to treat one of our players being injured as good news. Real classy.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Time for Tilley (at least on the bench) . For him it is a win / win situation as he will be either a hero or unlucky.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
If true, maybe we'll deploy AK or the new chap up front, at least they have pace!

Trouble is AK has been totally ineffective when he has played centrally.

Incidentally has there been ANY comment from Chris Hughton following the transfer window debacle? I don’t recall seeing anything at all. It will be interesting to hear his thoughts, especially if he has no fit striker on Saturday.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Fingers crossed then that he is ruled NOT fit tonight then (so that he can recover fully for Saturday).

Being passed 'fit' to play tonight after a touch and go fitness test, is probably the worst outcome from our selfish perspective.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Bedwetting018.jpg

Bit too many BHA fans at this time.

RONALDEANO

Jun 29, 2017
Haywards Heath
I'm pretty sure i've read somewhere that Izquierdo can play anywhere along the front line? If this is the case then it is not the end of the world :shrug:

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Hemed hasn't had the best start but he's had almost no support from wide or behind. Against City we played 4-5-------------------------1, he didn't play against Leicester but looked sharper when he came on, and we didn't create as many chances as we should have against Watford.

I don't think we can judge our strikers too harshly until we start getting closer to them and giving them actual chances. Hemed and Murray are nowhere near as toilet as some on here would suggest.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
The problem with asking the DS to step up is (based on the MK performance) they are not good enough. Would rather have a proven international in Hemed up front than rely on a youngster from the DS.

No problem in say Tilley being on the bench and coming on, but hopefully Hemed and Murray will be fit for Saturday.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
See, this goes to why I think we had a very average window indeed. In purely numerical terms, counting out and out strikers, we now have fewer than we finished last season with. We haven't actually replaced Akpom.

What we do have though is options. If Hemed is injured then we could bring in Tilley, we could play Izquierdo there, Brown can play there at a push but may still be injured, even Murphy has experience there. But none of this is ideal. People have taken the lack of striker moan to be a diss of Hemed or Murray but the issue for me was always that we had insufficient cover, and that's why I said throughout the window we needed to bring 2 in.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I would suggest it's time for Brighton fans to crack each other's heads open and feast on the goo inside

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I desperately want us to start with Knockaert, March and Ezquierdo up front. I like Tomer and he was good in the championship but he just isn't premier league standard and I think he holds us back by being in the team. That front three could potentially be very exciting.

playing wingers up front rarely works as those players are used to operating in relative space of the wide positions, rather than more congested center and dealing with aerial balls. half a forward's game is simply positioning and movement to push back defense or keep them from being too settled. those three would come too deep, and out wide to receive the ball, and the opposition would push up too easily. be better to bring in DS forward, not least for the youthful exuberance they'd hopefully bring.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here