Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Je suis rôti de boeuf RandyWanger's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Hop Suisse
    Going for the juggler

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      The FIFA system has always been shocking, no surprise there. But I suppose if the seeded teams have gamed the system then at least there's a chance the seeded team we get will be 'relatively' lightweight. We'll probably get Spain, France etc as the other teams in our pot though. Would be interesting if there was a true group of death like that, viewing figures might drop significantly once several big teams drop out.

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by LANGDON SEAGULL View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      This explains a few things about rankings:

From The Times today

Wow. I didn't realise that winning a friendly could lower your ranking. What a ****ing stupid system.

Our FA is so ****ing bad though it makes my blood simmer.
      Mattress shopping

0 Not allowed!
      With the FA, it will be all about money and a little but about prestige. It will have nothing to do with helping Southgate or any of his predecessors. I am sure Southgate would say he wants time with the boys but as has been proven in not only his tenure but others as well, they still play shit, time for another strategy, maybe. At the end of the day, we still have to beat everyone but an easier start in the group games would surely benefit us.
      Mama said knock you out. LlcoolJ's Avatar

4 Not allowed!
      Great article that. Didn't know that was how it works (it's bonkers but hey, it's FIFA). Unfortunately though, I don't think this is about the FA being blinkered, it's just about money.

The FA will have looked at this information, then looked at how much money they make from friendlies at Wembley and made their decision accordingly.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      The thing is, FIFA don't need to write a new, complex algorithm. They could just mandate that every nation must play x friendlies per year.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
      Mama said knock you out. LlcoolJ's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Gotsmanov View Post
      The thing is, FIFA don't need to write a new, complex algorithm. They could just mandate that every nation must play x friendlies per year.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
      And that Switzerland and Poland have to play Germany three times each to level things out.
      The voice of reason. hans kraay fan club's Avatar

5 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by LlcoolJ View Post
      Great article that. Didn't know that was how it works (it's bonkers but hey, it's FIFA). Unfortunately though, I don't think this is about the FA being blinkered, it's just about money.

The FA will have looked at this information, then looked at how much money they make from friendlies at Wembley and made their decision accordingly.
      Just play them, but make seven subs, rendering the game 'unofficial'. Problem solved. To FIFA the game then never happened.
      The above post is simply my opinion. I am not bullying you, should it differ from your own.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by hans kraay fan club View Post
      Just play them, but make seven subs, rendering the game 'unofficial'. Problem solved. To FIFA the game then never happened.
      But is there any other fallout to doing this, i.e. fines or points deductions?
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      The rankings have never reflected the true abilities of national teams. But the Swiss do have a very very good record and have avoided freindlies. It's not their fault that the absurd system allows them to be ranked 4th.