Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arsenal fans 27th min walk out against Albion

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I work with an arsenal "fan" who can rarely tell me who they're playing from one weekend to the next.
Have to say, not the first gooner I've met like that. Are they all that plastic?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I know its not as bad as clubs challenged with going to the wall but in context Arsenal fans are still getting royally shafted by their ownership. Most expensive tickets, huge profits, and drastic underinvestment in the playing side for a team that should be challenging for the title. The owner clearly couldnt care less about the supporters and the whole set up stinks of profit being skimmed out. They are entitled to be unhappy.

Should have done something about it then 25 years ago! They don't own their club, couldn't give a **** about other clubs when it was going their way and cry foul when it's owned by a foreigner who incidentally would love to relocate it to Kentucky or United States of Franchise. It's not their club, they have no right to protest therefore having sold their soul last Centuary and there are plenty more tourists in the queue if they don't like it. They could reform like FC United or follow Orient. Least the latters still a proper club

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Good call on 5live 606 about how the programme seems now to be dedicated to Arsenal fans every week going on about how 4th just isn't good enough.
The caller said about other teams who dream about being a league higher. The sort of money they have could keep all the Div 2 teams going for a season.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Oooh, I'm looking forward to that! Silly tits.

Udderly ridiculous!

wnd_0b30033cd5ba5ff3e6659802fe5e450d.jpg

My your Gunners are impressive!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well, to buck the trend, I can actually see where they're coming from. The whole point of binning Highbury and moving to the Emirates was on the basis that, with a 60k stadium, they would be on an equal footing with the elite of Europe and could challenge for the major silverware. They have since had about 10 years of moderate but trophy-less success, but then thats largely excused because they were still paying the thing off. Now its paid off, and asid from a couple of FA Cups, they're still drifting further and further away from the major honours. They're becoming irrelevent. I can't even remember the last time they were in a title race, and they frankly get embarrassed in the Champions League every year (2-10 v Bayern ??).

OK, first world problems and all that. They've never had their ground sold from under them and had to trek to a dump like Gillingham blah blah. But for a club of their size and stature, and the horrific amount of CASH those fans have to stump up to go there...yeah, I'd be angry too.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
Well, to buck the trend, I can actually see where they're coming from. The whole point of binning Highbury and moving to the Emirates was on the basis that, with a 60k stadium, they would be on an equal footing with the elite of Europe and could challenge for the major silverware. They have since had about 10 years of moderate but trophy-less success, but then thats largely excused because they were still paying the thing off. Now its paid off, and asid from a couple of FA Cups, they're still drifting further and further away from the major honours. They're becoming irrelevent. I can't even remember the last time they were in a title race, and they frankly get embarrassed in the Champions League every year (2-10 v Bayern ??).

OK, first world problems and all that. They've never had their ground sold from under them and had to trek to a dump like Gillingham blah blah. But for a club of their size and stature, and the horrific amount of CASH those fans have to stump up to go there...yeah, I'd be angry too.
They might get some sympathy if they weren't so bloody arrogant!! A bit of humility goes a long way so as it stands I'd like to see em suffer a while

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011

The stadium issue is a funny one as we have now got to a point, with the scale of the TV deals income for clubs, that match day income is a very small proportion of a clubs £ intake. So a big stadium is no longer a requirement to compete with the big clubs.

I can see why a big / trying to be big club would want a big modern stadium, to boost their stature in the game, but its often at the cost of losing the history of their previous ground, which was a big part of what made them special.

So the strategy Arsenal took allegedly in an attempt to compete at the top of the league, probably wasn't the right one. My impression from the outside is that they have always had money available to spend on players over the years, but they have made a real hash of recruitment for many years. Other clubs have spent less and bought in better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Turning down £70m for Sanchez and bidding £92m for Lemar doesn't seem to me like not being willing to spend

The club hasn't got strong leadership and that's why it's become a shambles, Wenger is coasting and until they actually stop wasting the money they do spend they will continue to be a team that can't quite cut it currently

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It'll be interesting to see how many walk out from our end. Brighton has quite a healthy Arsenal following, I believe, and they'll all have been working hard to up their loyalty points by not going to Bournemouth, etc.

Behave yourself.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The stadium issue is a funny one as we have now got to a point, with the scale of the TV deals income for clubs, that match day income is a very small proportion of a clubs £ intake. So a big stadium is no longer a requirement to compete with the big clubs.

I can see why a big / trying to be big club would want a big modern stadium, to boost their stature in the game, but its often at the cost of losing the history of their previous ground, which was a big part of what made them special.

So the strategy Arsenal took allegedly in an attempt to compete at the top of the league, probably wasn't the right one. My impression from the outside is that they have always had money available to spend on players over the years, but they have made a real hash of recruitment for many years. Other clubs have spent less and bought in better.

I disagree. Nothing screams "small and scruffy" more than an antiquated stadium - see Palace for details. If Arsenal had remained at Highbury, they'd be even further off the pace, as none of the world's best want to play in front of 35,000 when the big clubs are playing in front of twice that.

And who knows, maybe one day match day revenue will become an important revenue stream again. We don't know for sure that football will *always* command these enormous television sums.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here