Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Development Squads: Rangers vs BHA FC

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Interesting initiative by Rangers - good luck to them! I like the look of the Scottish Challenge (Irn-Bru) Cup too, involving teams from Wales and NI; good idea. I think the EFL should have tried something like that to make the Paint Pot trophy - or even the League Cup - more exciting.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Heck of a long way to go for one game. I presume the kids will fly up which will really put the cost up. Will Rangers be paying for this?
EDIT Just checked. Easyjet £30 up on Monday and £27 back on Wednesday. Travelodge Dumbarton £133 for two nights. Squad of say 20 players and staff would be £2470 Sure Rangers would lend us their team bus.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
My understanding is that Rangers withdrew from the Development League and have let go the majority of their younger players, so it's mostly u18s/u19s they have in this squad. So given our U23s play the day before I think it's a fairly safe bet to say this will be our U18s.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Heck of a long way to go for one game. I presume the kids will fly up which will really put the cost up. Will Rangers be paying for this?
EDIT Just checked. Easyjet £30 up on Monday and £27 back on Wednesday. Travelodge Dumbarton £133 for two nights. Squad of say 20 players and staff would be £2470 Sure Rangers would lend us their team bus.

I bumped into the U18s at a service station near Norfolk the other week (the day before they played Norwich). There seemed to be a hell of a lot more than 20 of them :)
One of the lads card got declined so I paid for his chicken wrap. No idea who he was but was massively tall. I'm hoping he makes it to the Prem in a decade, I can then claim my money back with 100% interest per day. Lovely.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Where does it say that? What it actually says is:-

If you bother to look under fixtures, what it actually says is:-

"Development Squad
Brighton & Hove Albion
Friendly

Tuesday, 12th Sep 2017, 7:30pm
Ibrox Stadium"

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I'm watching on Rangers TV (friends log in), well will be. Can't see any team news yet.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
1 McGill
2 Morrison
3 Cochrane
4 Hoare
5 Barker
6 Moore
7 Ajiboye
8 Sanders
9 Ljubicic
10 Cashman
11 Longman

Subs: Hutchinson, Collings, Ferguson, Fornah, Meekums

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Starting line-up therefore includes four 1st-year pros, four 2nd-year scholars, two 1st-year scholars and U-16 Teddy Hoare.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'm watching on Rangers TV (friends log in), well will be. Can't see any team news yet.
Did think of trying to subscribe, but by the time I'd waded my way round the Twitter pages, the match was underway anyway, so I didn't bother. Can't understand why the club (Brighton, I mean) is being so secretive about this game.=
Updates would be very welcome. :thumbsup:

Edit: Updates are very welcome - thanks!

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Can't understand why the club (Brighton, I mean) is being so secretive about this game.

It's basically an U-18 friendly. Can't say I'm surprised by the lack of coverage by Albion; regular U-18 league matches get a report put up on the official site days after the match, why would this be any different?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here