Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anthony Joshua v Kubrat Pulev: Cardiff to host heavyweight bout on 28 October

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
It's a fight he has to take. This guys only lost once.
Imho there's nobody out there who can touch him.
Wilder is awful.
Parker is overrated.
Only fury coulda troubled him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
They are already talking up a potential fight against an MMA guy.

It won't happen as the UFC pay peanuts compared to boxing and AJ is the draw in any PPV so it's not like McGregor where he has a huge fanbase everyone else in UFC is a relative nobody as far as PPV's go.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
No not confused. Hughie Fury is very underated and talented boxer and will beat parker this month

What have you seen in hughie fury that made you think he's underrated ? He might beat Parker, but that says more about Parker than anything else. Hughie seems brave but not a lot else.

If it's a tenner I'll pay for that fight. I hope hughie wins but I think he will be stopped

Drpepper

Nov 23, 2011
Sussex
Live on YouTube for £9.99, that might get 100 buys at best

Should of put on channel 5 will have done the boy good to raise his profile. Although £20 to watch AJ win in 2 and an undercard of overwhelming favourites (bar possibly chisora v white) will be another rip off

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Last edited:

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Away from the heavyweights some news for boxing fans is that ITV have secured the rights to the super middleweight world boxing super series http://www.itv.com/news/2017-09-05/itv-box-office-to-screen-world-boxing-super-series/

Including potential all British fights involving George Groves, Callum Smith and Chris Eubank Jnr.

Not sure Eubank Jr v Avni Yildirim and Groves v James Cox are Pay-Per-View mind you!

Some great fights in that Super 8 tournament.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Away from the heavyweights some news for boxing fans is that ITV have secured the rights to the super middleweight world boxing super series http://www.itv.com/news/2017-09-05/itv-box-office-to-screen-world-boxing-super-series/

Including potential all British fights involving George Groves, Callum Smith and Chris Eubank Jnr.

Not sure Eubank Jr v Avni Yildirim and Groves v James Cox are Pay-Per-View mind you!
Anything that's not pay per view is good for boxing. It used to be a widely followed sport, talked about and analysed in every workplace the morning after. Now, most people have never heard of either of the boxers involved, just the tiny minority who have stumped up for ppv. 'Big' fights aren't high on the agenda like they used to be.
Oh, I'm sure the top dogs are doing OK with Sky money, but other than them, who cares any more?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Both Fury's may be technically good boxers and awkward as **** to fight against but stone me they are boring to watch

Watches the fight Hughie just ran. It was a terrible fight but he didnt deserve to win.

I am intrested who will get Parker out of Joshua or Wilder, I think Parker would want the money fight with AJ.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Hughie Fury is simply not big enough our powerful enough to challenge the top heavyweights. Likewise there is no way Parker would get away with coming forward like that against the likes of Joshua.

I happened to read an article about the Drugs hearing for Tyson Fury and I didn't realise that Hughie was also under a charge. Apparently their defence is that they both eat a wild board every week and share it between them including the Offal. Its funny that Wild Board is the only animal that you can get hold of in this country found to contain naturally high levels of Nandrolone in its offal (the other being horse). Athletes are generally advised to avoid Wild Boar Offal yet the Fury's choose to eat a whole one every week! Couple that with Fury's admitted cocaine use and Peter Fury's previous conviction as a drugs baron and it all smells a bit fishy!

I dare say if they employ the right lawyers they will get away with it but generally there is no smoke without fire....

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What amazes me is how 2 judges can score it 118-110 a convincing win and the other a 114-114 draw. According to reports the 118-110 was bit generous.but none of the experts reporting denied that Parker had won.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
He probably did - but not according to the judges
The 118-110s were too wide for me, but the right guy got the decision.

I had it 116-112 to Parker, for what its worth.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here