Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anthony Joshua v Kubrat Pulev: Cardiff to host heavyweight bout on 28 October

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Bulgaria's Kubrat Pulev has confirmed he will face Britain's IBF and WBA heavyweight world champion Anthony Joshua in Cardiff on 28 October.

The 36-year-old is the mandatory challenger for Joshua's IBF title.

"My preparation is very intensive despite the little time left," Pulev*posted on Facebook,*adding the date and confirming Cardiff as the venue.

"I will be perfectly ready when I enter the ring, so that he will not have any chance against me."

The Bulgarian added: "Anthony Joshua is a great and dangerous rival. But his style fits perfectly on mine."

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Josh in four

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Hasn't really got a choice to avoid being stripped. Get this one out the way and move on. If Wilder beats Ortiz I expect to see that sooner than later.

Drpepper

Nov 23, 2011
Sussex
Waste of time , just another bum

100% agree with that, another bum for Joshuas very carefully picked career from eddie hearn. I see Hughie Fury beating parker then hearn dodging a fight between him and AJ as Fury would comfortably out box AJ.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
100% agree with that, another bum for Joshuas very carefully picked career from eddie hearn. I see Hughie Fury beating parker then hearn dodging a fight between him and AJ as Fury would comfortably out box AJ.

What are you going on about? Its a mandatory defence against Pulev, he has to fight him or he would be stripped of the IBF belt.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

Ha ha. You crazy

Drpepper

Nov 23, 2011
Sussex
Presume you are talking about Fury? I think people need to forget about him, he's looks about 30 stone and keeps talking about retiring, even his trainer Peter Fury seems to be losing interest in him.

Yes i agree with you on that, its a shame as Tyson Fury and AJ would be huge and if we still had the 2015 Fury that beat Klitscko i think he would of beaten AJ in a one sided UD. When AJ beats Pulev would be interesting if he does fight Ortiz after as he is the man alot have avoided. Suppose its all down to eddie hearn and the money

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I like Tyson fury a lot, but I just don't see it now.
Even at his very, very best He wouldn't necessarily beat wilder or Joshua. But He's been a blob for a long time and has become a myth.
The only thing that will stop Joshua dominating for years is complacency, like Lennox when he got sparked out a couple of times.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Yes i agree with you on that, its a shame as Tyson Fury and AJ would be huge and if we still had the 2015 Fury that beat Klitscko i think he would of beaten AJ in a one sided UD. When AJ beats Pulev would be interesting if he does fight Ortiz after as he is the man alot have avoided. Suppose its all down to eddie hearn and the money

He has mandatory fights to keep his belts. Don't be mad at AJ, be mad at the organisations forcing these fights.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I dont think that AJ wanted the fight but it was forced upon him. Other than possibly Wilder there are no heavyweights around that would offer him a serious challenge. So what does he do just sit on his titles without defending them?

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Waste of time , just another bum

Not quite. He actually hurt/sting klitschko in there fight - enough for wlad to then ko him soon after.

He's a huge guy - but aj should be easy win. Especially with only 4 weeks training

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here