Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] "Morning after" drink driving / Kirsty Gallacher

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
So THAT'S where all the lawyers have gone. Defending these selfish f*ckwits who drink and drive.

You'd think lawyers would be wise to this, but a lawyer friend of mine got done for drink-driving the morning after a session. She couldn't find a loophole and had to serve her ban.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Morning after drinking catches far more people over the limit than evening of drinking !!

I'd imagine she must have had a fair bit because it doesn't matter how 'used' to drinking you are it all leaves your system at the same speed as a drinker !! Well women take longer to get rid of alcohol than men per unit.

Need to leave an hour per unit drunk to get it out of your system and eating and drinking make no difference to speeding it up. Prob is it's difficult to count units on a night out.

I knew of an engineering factory, where the workers could be breathalysed before operating machinery. It prevented industrial accidents, especially the large presses.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I hope they make an example of her and send her to HMP Holloway for punishment. I'd love to be sent to HMP Holloway myself.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Always amazed the Police don't sit at the entrance to Sunday League grounds and breathalise there.

The percentage of people turning up at 9.30am after getting in at 3am must be huge.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I knew of an engineering factory, where the workers could be breathalysed before operating machinery. It prevented industrial accidents, especially the large presses.

Think pilots and other air crew can get randomly tested with some airlines. Based on how I've seen some crews drinking during their hotel stopovers when I've been working away I'd hope so......................

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
"Jennifer Dempster, mitigating, said Gallacher very rarely drank............"

Hmmm, 3 x the limit at 11am the following day suggests she likes a bit of a lash-up when she does have one.

There's me thinking I couldn't love her any more than I already did.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Think pilots and other air crew can get randomly tested with some airlines. Based on how I've seen some crews drinking during their hotel stopovers when I've been working away I'd hope so......................

I used to work at Virgin Atlantic in IT, that rule applies to all staff, not just air crew.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Same in the railway industry - even outside contractors, subcontractors and consultants, where there's rolling livestock, engineering works or live current, are randomly tested for alcohol and drugs.

Caught on site nornally leads to instant dismissal by whoever employs them and obviously they're kicked off the site.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
From the report she went straight to the pub from the studio early afternoon and was drinking until the early hours.

In terms of how does it take you to become safe to drive after a few drinks the night before, there is not a rigid scale. It very much depends on how many, strength of drink, elapsed time, have you eaten, your body mass

If you have a glass of wine or a beer with your evening meal you will be fine the next morning.

Over 2 pints or 2 glasses of wine, when how late in the evening did you finish drinking, how early are you driving the next day.

The one certainty is that the length of time Kirsty had been drinking and into the early hours, I probably wouldn't have driven until the following day.

But to have a level that high at 11am either indicates she hadn't stopped boozing until very very late/early or had a utterly ridiculous amount the night before. 3 times the limit is very very high.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Same in the railway industry - even outside contractors, subcontractors and consultants, where there's rolling livestock, engineering works or live current, are randomly tested for alcohol and drugs.

Caught on site nornally leads to instant dismissal by whoever employs them and obviously they're kicked off the site.

Well no rail staff are going to be testing positive for SPEED.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Use a home breath test - amazing to find seemingly modest evenings out are over the limit the next morning

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here