Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] "Morning after" drink driving / Kirsty Gallacher

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Kirsty Gallacher has been banned from driving after admitting to drink-driving, having been found to be three times over the limit of 35mg of alcohol per 100ml of breath.

However, it turns out this was approaching lunchtime the day after she had been drinking, when she concluded the night with a taxi home.

This is something I've been very cautious about having been involved in an accident a fair few years ago. It wasn't my fault - the passenger of a car coming the other way to me pulled the handbrake, sending the car they were in into a spin straight in front of me whereupon I hit it.

I'd had a few the night before, not many, but I did feel slightly concerned as I was breathalysed. If I had been over the limit, it would have changed how the incident affected me significantly. I wasn't, but I'm been even more careful ever since.

I do wonder how much and/or how late you need to be drinking to register a reading that high late the following morning.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
3 times over the following lunchtime, she must've had a fair bit?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
"Jennifer Dempster, mitigating, said Gallacher very rarely drank............"

Hmmm, 3 x the limit at 11am the following day suggests she likes a bit of a lash-up when she does have one.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
3 time over the limit? I don't know where she puts it, naughty girl.

70053.jpg

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Morning after drinking catches far more people over the limit than evening of drinking !!

I'd imagine she must have had a fair bit because it doesn't matter how 'used' to drinking you are it all leaves your system at the same speed as a drinker !! Well women take longer to get rid of alcohol than men per unit.

Need to leave an hour per unit drunk to get it out of your system and eating and drinking make no difference to speeding it up. Prob is it's difficult to count units on a night out.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I reckon the might have had a cheeky one in the morning heir of the dog if you like

Otherwise one hell of a late night and a not insignificant amount of booze. That's a very high reading at 11 am. I got a similar reading at a similar time (albeit at a detox place I dont drive) some time ago after necking a few cans on the way

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
From the report she went straight to the pub from the studio early afternoon and was drinking until the early hours.

In terms of how does it take you to become safe to drive after a few drinks the night before, there is not a rigid scale. It very much depends on how many, strength of drink, elapsed time, have you eaten, your body mass

If you have a glass of wine or a beer with your evening meal you will be fine the next morning.

Over 2 pints or 2 glasses of wine, when how late in the evening did you finish drinking, how early are you driving the next day.

The one certainty is that the length of time Kirsty had been drinking and into the early hours, I probably wouldn't have driven until the following day.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Just cannot afford (not in the money sense), to have a bevy.
It's just my shift work pattern dictates that, early mornings and late starts just doesn't make it worth it.
Would my job and family situation in dire peril, if I was caught if ever.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
"Morning after" drink driving / Kirsty Gallacher

The scrawny bint probably skipped eating that night and on the morning of the offence which wouldn't have helped!!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here