Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Acca lesson #1

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Probably. I don't think you need a Paypal account to pay by Paypal these days though (strange, I know).

Well that was a ball ache

Looks like I did have a Paypal account with my email must have been years ago as it was registered to an old address in SA
Bank declined payment due to the address mismatch I guess and Paypal doesnt let you update your address to another country so had to close and reopen the account

Anyway, sorted I am in now with the trial :)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Well I think I may have messed up with my first introducer (Coral) not sure

Happy to try and help if I can...

(My intention was to coach a group through it all, quite slowly and with very explicit instructions/screenshots etc.)

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Happy to try and help if I can...

(My intention was to coach a group through it all, quite slowly and with very explicit instructions/screenshots etc.)

Cheers does this like I did it right!
Betfair
Exchange.PNG

Bookie
Bookie.PNG

They are about to run. I placed it at Coral about 40 mins ago and no sign of any free bets

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Good to see you got it sorted in the end :)

OK one bet/lay in. 14GBP profit :) Could have got more had I more money in the exchange. 50GBP doesn't seem too small to start with Betfair I did okish out of that.
Not in a hurry whilst I get my head round this. Will do another one tomorrow but cant complain
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
OK one bet/lay in. 14GBP profit :) Could have got more had I more money in the exchange. 50GBP doesn't seem too small to start with Betfair I did okish out of that.
Not in a hurry whilst I get my head round this. Will do another one tomorrow but cant complain
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]

Good work. One tip is to always read the bookies terms and condition of qualifying and using the free bets. I spotted a change last week further down the list and PS hadn't picked up on it.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I've also taken time off and withdrew all my balances from all accounts. I was interested to see if I got many "come back and see us" freebies, but I've not kept on top of my email (current unread email count: 5,057). A search for "free bet" across my email account returns a shed load of emails but it would take some time to see if any were specific freebies to me as opposed to the general "do something to get a free bet" promotions.

Like you, however, I'm about to get going again. I enjoy the dutching, but found the flat didn't throw up many opportunities relative to the jumps, but it does seem to be the one activity that gives the highest chance of account restriction/gubbing or closure.

Accas do seem to be a great source of small but steady profits - the basic theory is to go for short-priced favourites playing at different times so you can sequentially lay as required. I've only done one or two previously, and it worked fine, but I might make more of a concerted effort this season.

I do still intend to run an NSC "Profit Squad introductory school" type thing because I completely get the "if it seems too good to be true, it probably is" train of thought, but I have made a serious amount of money doing it and, again, not my gambling but my playing the free bet opportunities and other methods that Profit Squad advocate. I believe anyone could earn their Albion season ticket money (and a fair bit more besides) with a minimal amount of effort once they understand how to play things.

For those that don't want to wait for me to get my arse into gear with that, you can get full access to Profit Squad for a £1 trial. Simply >>>CLICK HERE<<<.

Well I could certainly have done with your 'school' tonight Bozza I screwed up the easiest matched bet offer out there :( didnt cost me anything really, just my profit)

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
This idea of "NSC" groupthink is very appealing.

If we compiled all the ****ing football geniuses and stattos who leap on every mistake made on here we could be minted by next May.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Well I could certainly have done with your 'school' tonight Bozza I screwed up the easiest matched bet offer out there :( didnt cost me anything really, just my profit)

Shockers happen.

I've got back into it recently and lost £250 in the space of 2 days...

1. Each Way Dutched a 5 runner race. Only 1 horse finished so only 1 place was paid out.
2. Very next day, EWDed an 8 runner and there was a very late non-runner which reduced the place payouts from 3 to 2, and the favourite then hacked up.

I've never really got into accas though, strangely, although I understand they can be a decent and steady stream.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Shockers happen.

I've got back into it recently and lost £250 in the space of 2 days...

1. Each Way Dutched a 5 runner race. Only 1 horse finished so only 1 place was paid out.
2. Very next day, EWDed an 8 runner and there was a very late non-runner which reduced the place payouts from 3 to 2, and the favourite then hacked up.

I've never really got into accas though, strangely, although I understand they can be a decent and steady stream.

Yeah this wasnt a shocker money wise, just stupidity. on a side note I remember many years ago when it was a fairly new thing and a huge thread on moneysavingexpert someone (IIRC) losing 1.7k or might have even been 17k, screwing up a lay on a tennis match, and another event which wiped out thousands from loads of accomplished bettors

My mistake? Dont laugh, lesson learnt for being greedy and stupid (and not entirely risk free)...

Tenner on new account with PaddyPower. If the bet loses the £10 gets refunded Bet it on Chelsea Burnley Draw. Laid it on Betfair (Yes I know they are the same company but lets ignore that). Was all set to make a nice £7 Profit at 66%. Anyway, 89 minutes and I checked Paddy Power and they were offering £3.50 to cash out at 2-1 down. Oooh I thought I'll have that, not thinking it would void my £10 back so cashed out. Therefore breaking even. Then they said here's some free spins and I had £3.50 left in my account after my **** up. Must have clicked on the wrong thing as I had one spin, it cost me £2 so I end up with around 8 quid from a tenner for all that hassle

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here