Votes: 120 64.5%
  • No

Votes: 66 35.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Tumble dry only . Plus do not own anything much that is likely to need an iron .

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
It's a shared task in my house - my husband will do the ironing providing he can have the cricket on at the same time!! I don't love ironing, like NooBHA's sister, but always like to look smart.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I do not iron my own clobber, no, but have been pressing about 17 mini-outfits and towels and sheets per day for poo-happy Meade Jr. I use my w*nky arm, so it's yet to wilt with exhaustion from the effort.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Occasionally, but my missus loves ironing. She'll go in our spare room, put on some crap TV show and iron and watch TV. Perfect on a Saturday, she can't stand the football so it gives her an excuse to get away.

N17

Jun 21, 2011
Usually the Mrs but i chip in fairly regularly. I will iron the family stuff as well if i am doing something for myself.

I wouldn't leave the house with an un-ironed work shirt on.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Dry cleaners do mine - my wife washes them, they do the pressing. £1.50 a shirt.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I do, mainly because most of the stuff that needs ironing is mine. Plus, I don't mind. Whack on the radio and get on with it.

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
That'll be me.

Not for any reason, really, and certainly not some chauvinistic "that's a job for a woman" belief. She also does most of the gardening, whilst I cook the family meal every night. It's just the way it's evolved.

If there's something I want to wear and it needs ironing, I'll obviously just get on and do it, but that doesn't seem to happen very often.

That is pretty much me too.. I do more cooking, she does the ironing, most of the other tasks are shared too... I do, like you, occasionally do it myself, if it needs doing immediately...

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Hell no...... I can cook and wash and clean but ironing is my weak point. Plus 99% of my gear doesn't need it. If I have to go to a wedding or something the girlfriend is more than happy to do it that occasionally.

I tend to iron in more problems and creases than were there to start with!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I do all the ironing in our house, the wife has never ironed anything and that is not a lie.

I iron my clothes, our daughters clothes, bedding and towels etc.

I only iron the wife's on request, she seems to be happy to go about her daily life in creased clothes.

As others have implied it can be therapeutic, I can listen to the radio or tunes, even manage playing football manager sometimes whilst ironing (although not done that for a while)

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
The carpet of my first house, Croydon, had the perfect imprint of an iron on the dining room carpet, including the airholes, couldn't afford to change it for about 3 years!

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
I tried to iron a damp tee-shirt dry once and accidentally ironed the flex. A big flame came out ..... decided it wasn't for me after that

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I have a great collection of non-iron work shirts. They are not cheap to buy, but work out a lot cheaper than paying someone to iron them or dry clean them for you. The occasional casual shirt may need ironing and it is a lottery as to who actually does the job. I think our iron is about 25 years old and still going strong, it gets used that infrequently.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here