• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Just finished ironing my work shirts for the week. Anyone who knows / has met me will agree I'm not exactly military standard but with several work shirts, watching the football clobber and my son's playing the football clobber it feels very, very wrong to get anyone else to do it. I'm in to a nice routine now where, on a Sunday night, I bring down the creased clothes, put on some tunes and iron till I'm done.

I know some blokes who rely totally on their wives for this and others who wouldn't let another soul touch their threads. Which are you?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Have always done my work shirts.......Missus tends to do the rest though. I don't mind doing it at all, quite therapeutic. Happy to have the radio or TV on while I do it.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I know some blokes who rely totally on their wives for this

That'll be me.

Not for any reason, really, and certainly not some chauvinistic "that's a job for a woman" belief. She also does most of the gardening, whilst I cook the family meal every night. It's just the way it's evolved.

If there's something I want to wear and it needs ironing, I'll obviously just get on and do it, but that doesn't seem to happen very often.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Iron as you go. If I don't, it won't happen, but I'm not spending an entire afternoon ironing a washing machine load.

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
My missus insists on doing it...seems to get some kind of weird perversion out of ironing everything in sight, including my gruds...just let her crack on with it.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
My missus insists on doing it...seems to get some kind of weird perversion out of ironing everything in sight, including my gruds...just let her crack on with it.

:lolol:

Well you might get run over by a bus as my nan used to say............

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Have always done my work shirts.......Missus tends to do the rest though. I don't mind doing it at all, quite therapeutic. Happy to have the radio or TV on while I do it.

You sound like my sister. She loves ironing - irons everything from bedding to socks and underwear and tee-towels. If fact, if you walk past her, she will iron you and the clothes on your back if she sees a crease in them.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
You sound like my sister. She loves ironing - irons everything from bedding to socks and underwear and tee-towels. If fact, if you walk past her, she will iron you and the clothes on your back if she sees a crease in them.

Think you quoted the wrong post [emoji23][emoji23]

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Wife does it. I do the cooking. I hate ironing and love cooking, vice versa for her.

Effective division of labour. Both happy.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean

Can I borrow her for the wife?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Sometimes but normally Mrs Hut

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Think you quoted the wrong post [emoji23][emoji23]

No I quoted your post because she does it without even looking down. She irons watching TV as well and hardly even looks down at the ironing board she has got it down to almost robotic ''Stepford Wife'' perfection

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here