Votes: 120 64.5%
  • No

Votes: 66 35.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Occasionally; I learned how to do it as I was single until my mid thirties.

Mrs Jakarta now does the business but I haven't forgotten how it is done!

Collars are a bit of a bugger...

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I tend to buy shirts that don't need ironing. A flap and a hanger. I'm ex navy and have done the ironing thing more than enough

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I don't enjoy ironing, but I do oftern do it.Fkat things are OK, like pillowcases, t-shirts and the like, but shirts are tedious........ but it's me who wears them. 'er indoors enjoys ironing and will do it as well, so we share it.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Can't see the point of going through all the hassle of online dating , finding someone, then doing your own ironing .

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Absolutely not. I'm not an animal.

The ironing lady does seven shirts for a tenner, including picking it up and dropping it of two days later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Can't see the point of going through all the hassle of online dating , finding someone, then doing your own ironing .

No point getting a dog and having to bark yourself eh.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I enjoy ironing, but my husband will do his own when he needs something. He likes cooking, whereas I don't (although I can cook). I do the gardening.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
I like ironing, although I'll just do the proper shirts and all the trousers. Mrs Hiney will do the rest. We actually set up a small ironing business a few years ago and did all the bedding for a couple of local B&Bs. That petered out but I find it very relaxing.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I do all the ironing when home; mine, the wife & nipper's I fold it all away & put it neatly in the drawer it belongs.
Naval Training.
DIY on the other hand.......

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
As an aside, a chap I know has just given up his 'proper job' to start an ironing service.

He says it's very therapeutic to get to listen to music, podcasts and audiobooks all day long whilst ironing. (No point me recommending him on here though, as he lives nowhere near Sussex)

Blazing Apostle

Jul 30, 2011
Only iron cottons - anything plastic they can sort out themselves - yes is almost enjoyable when you get in the groove, with some sort of sport on telly

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
That'll be me.

Not for any reason, really, and certainly not some chauvinistic "that's a job for a woman" belief. She also does most of the gardening, whilst I cook the family meal every night. It's just the way it's evolved.

If there's something I want to wear and it needs ironing, I'll obviously just get on and do it, but that doesn't seem to happen very often.

I enjoy ironing, but my husband will do his own when he needs something. He likes cooking, whereas I don't (although I can cook). I do the gardening.

Is there something you guys haven't told us.......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here