Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

7 seater cars

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Does anyone know of a car dealer that purely sells 7 seaters? We would like to purchase a large family car but have no knowledge of what we would want and a showroom with lots of various designs may help us answer a lot of those questions

Brian Parsons

May 16, 2013
Bicester, Oxfordshire.
May I suggest you check out a car " supermarket ". They're not tied to a specific manufacture and therefore tend to display they're wares in the different categories. So all the MPV 's will be together so you can sit in one and compare it to another if you get my drift. Hopefully you might just get a knowledgeable salesman ( he says with smile on face)

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
Not used them before but drive past 4Front cars at Warninglid on the A23 most days. Seem to have some decent motors that are 7 sweaters in there

theboybilly

The French have had this market sussed for years. You won't go far wrong with a Renault Grand Scenic or Citroën C4 Picasso. They seem to get the interior layout just right for big families. The Kia Sorento is another that won't break the bank new or used. Further up in price is the Ford Galaxy and at the top end the Audi Q7.
I would be looking at the first two to be honest. Tates in Portslade always seem to have Citroëns on offer.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Before you start shopping for a 7 seater you may need to qualify how important is it that the second row middle seat is full size. If it is important your choice will be narrowed greatly.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
I've had 7 years in a Citroen Grand Picasso which has been a great family workhorse but as boring as f*ck to drive. Preferred it to the Zafira the other half ran for a number of years.

I'd be wary of going to a car supermarket type place - their staff tend to be very hard sell and you'll feel VERY pressured into buying then and there - and probably taking some not too cheap finance deals and service plans as well.

taz

Feb 18, 2015
Ford grand Torino comes in a seven seater reliable work horse and easy cheap ford transit spares later in its life !!

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Before you start shopping for a 7 seater you may need to qualify how important is it that the second row middle seat is full size. If it is important your choice will be narrowed greatly.

We wanted 3 actual seats in the middle row and just about the only one we could find that did that was a Ford S Max. Had it for 2 years now, great car.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
The French have had this market sussed for years. You won't go far wrong with a Renault Grand Scenic or Citroën C4 Picasso. They seem to get the interior layout just right for big families. The Kia Sorento is another that won't break the bank new or used. Further up in price is the Ford Galaxy and at the top end the Audi Q7.
I would be looking at the first two to be honest. Tates in Portslade always seem to have Citroëns on offer.

Went over there recently and they all seemed to have Versos. I think even french people are starting to avoid french cars...

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
We wanted 3 actual seats in the middle row and just about the only one we could find that did that was a Ford S Max. Had it for 2 years now, great car.

We've had an S-Max for 7 years now and agree its an excellent car. Based on the Mondeo chassis it handles like a much smaller car and doesn't experience any roll while cornering. The drive is responsive and handles enough for you to enjoy the drive. The 2 rear seats are decent, adults can use them and a bit of boot space is still left. The 3 rear seats are all adjustable and recline independently of each other. When all the seats are down the space seems huge for the run to the tip or whatever. It's a really well thought out car which I wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
We had a Land Rover Discovery that had seven decent sized seats. Bit thirsty though and road tax was very expensive.

Chief Wiggum

Apr 30, 2009
Bought a 7 seater VW T4 'Multivan' second hand back in 2005 to cart our four kids about. The most practical vehicle I have ever owned and still have it. You can take out all the seats and you have a full size van, take some out, turn them around and even fold them all flat to form a bed.

The kids have all left home now but with very minor alterations, the van is now me and the wifes modified camper van for holidays.

Expensive initial outlay, but I highly recommend it as a safe, reliable family multi use vehicle for the long term.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
I've got, amongst other vehicles,a VW sharan. 1.9 turbo diesel,2006 auto and it is fab.My one and only gripe is the £305.00 per year road tax. It is like a tardis inside and all bar the front 2 seats come out easily making it essentially a carpeted 2 seater van.I think the manual version may attract a cheaper,although not much, road tax.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here