Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 7 seater cars

0 Not allowed!
    Recently brought a Ssangyong Turismo. It is a real 7 seater & not one of these with the back row in the boot. Adults can comfortably sit in all seats. I had a grand scenic but the back row was useless unless you were 5 yrs old.
    Also unlike most 7 seaters the boot is big enough for pushchairs, suitcases etc.
    Seagull till I Die

• North Stand Chat

advertising

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Perkino View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Does anyone know of a car dealer that purely sells 7 seaters? We would like to purchase a large family car but have no knowledge of what we would want and a showroom with lots of various designs may help us answer a lot of those questions
      Stop MUCKING ABOUT, sell your family and get yourself a Tesla Model X.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by LlcoolJ View Post
      Whenever I see a bloke driving a Picasso or Zafira type thing he seems to have the resigned look of a man who understands that his life is over.

My brother in law used to drive a sporty BMW 3 series, he now has a Picasso. Which he hates.

That's why when i bought my S-Max it was the one with a 2.5 L 5 cylinder turbo charged (petrol) engine (217 Hp). It's a big heavy car but it goes like a piano falling off a building if you want to!

Very practical car and Ford makes the best seats.

I had the Zafira previously, but the S-Max is better.
      Fan of the 17 bus Cowfold Seagull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Miximate View Post
      Not used them before but drive past 4Front cars at Warninglid on the A23 most days. Seem to have some decent motors that are 7 sweaters in there
      Crikey, you did well to count the number of seats as you drove past!

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by METALMICKY View Post
      Before you start shopping for a 7 seater you may need to qualify how important is it that the second row middle seat is full size. If it is important your choice will be narrowed greatly.
      If you need to fit a child/baby seat on one or more of the seats, it's worth checking out which seats can take the harness.
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed, if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed. -Mark Twain
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Notters View Post
      Went over there recently and they all seemed to have Versos. I think even french people are starting to avoid french cars...
      Stange that you say this as on our visits to Brittany at always impresses me how loyal the French seem to be towards their marques. Renault, Citroen and Peugeot seem to dominate by a cosiderable margin. Shame we hardly see 2CVs or Renault 4s though
      Lording it in WSL
      The Disowned Masses

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bold Seagull View Post
      We've had an S-Max for 7 years now and agree its an excellent car. Based on the Mondeo chassis it handles like a much smaller car and doesn't experience any roll while cornering. The drive is responsive and handles enough for you to enjoy the drive. The 2 rear seats are decent, adults can use them and a bit of boot space is still left. The 3 rear seats are all adjustable and recline independently of each other. When all the seats are down the space seems huge for the run to the tip or whatever. It's a really well thought out car which I wouldn't hesitate to recommend.
      Agree totally. We test drove the new Picasso and the SMAx on the same day, and the drive and build quality difference was marked.

Citroens feel like they are made entirely of plastic, and drive like a boat.
      Follow @kmoorman1968 on Twitter

Visit my Devon Gold Prospecting Blog
      The Disowned Masses

0 Not allowed!
      And FYI we went to these guys.

https://www.havenmotors.co.uk/

Although not exclusively 7 seaters, they do have a lot of family cars, including the Grand Picasso / SMAX / Vafira types.
      Follow @kmoorman1968 on Twitter

Visit my Devon Gold Prospecting Blog

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by theboybilly View Post
      Stange that you say this as on our visits to Brittany at always impresses me how loyal the French seem to be towards their marques. Renault, Citroen and Peugeot seem to dominate by a cosiderable margin. Shame we hardly see 2CVs or Renault 4s though
      Certainly still true of smaller cars, I think, but Asian brands are becoming more popular.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...red-in-france/
      Quote Originally Posted by Billy the Fish View Post
      Are people taking stupidity pills on here today or something
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by theboybilly View Post
      I had Citroen DS's for 20 years. When I was restoring them most parts came from NL. There was no culture of restoring classic cars in France. They just drove them till they stopped and then used them for chicken coops.