Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you ever been 'in the know' on the Albion?

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
I was informed by an ex player friend of mine at the club in the mid seventies the identity of a gay team mate of his . I have never told anyone who it was and will never break that confidence .

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I broke the news on here that Bloom had effectively ousted Dick Knight as Chairman. In true NSC style, I was pooh-poohed.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I knew Adams was coming back a couple of days before it was announced. I got it from the same contact that told me about the Coca Cola Kid signing and Alex Revell. In usual NSC tradition I was poo poo'ed about both signings when I posted about them.

I broke the Elliott Bennett signing on here, though it was before he actually signed on the dotted line. The club weren't happy with me.

I didn't get poo-poo'ed. The response was more 'who...?'

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
20 years ago I got some HOT info from my SAUCE of the whereabouts of the 1983 FA Cup Final cash and it was being used by Dick Tight to BUY the club. The BIG hand over was at the RITZ in Paris and when Dick Tight and his LAPDOGS saw me they knew their NEFARIOUS plans had been RUMBLED and I had to LEG it quickly.
I jumped into a CAR just outside the RITZ as it SPED away with Tight and his MOB in hot pursuit, I suddenly realised I was in a car with the 'PEOPLES Princess' Lady Di and DODDY and then it all went BLACK....

As for the truth of this ask yourself where all the money like the promised TWO MILLION quid for team strengthening went and how come Dick Tight went from being RICH to POTLESS ???

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
311fe468b42dace6de2e60adefc53918--comedy-series-tv-series.jpg

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
20 years ago I got some HOT info from my SAUCE of the whereabouts of the 1983 FA Cup Final cash and it was being used by Dick Tight to BUY the club. The BIG hand over was at the RITZ in Paris and when Dick Tight and his LAPDOGS saw me they knew their NEFARIOUS plans had been RUMBLED and I had to LEG it quickly.
I jumped into a CAR just outside the RITZ as it SPED away with Tight and his MOB in hot pursuit, I suddenly realised I was in a car with the 'PEOPLES Princess' Lady Di and DODDY and then it all went BLACK

As for the truth of this ask yourself where all the money like the promised TWO MILLION quid for team strengthening went and how come Dick Tight went from being RICH to POTLESS ???

As usual, totally unfunny, completely lacking in wit and extremely juvenile. Now we can add tasteless.

The sad thing is that, on the rare occasions when you drop this sort of brainless drivel, and post something sensible about BHA and the football, you have some interesting things to say.

matt

Mar 19, 2007
Indeed. But it wasn't a player as mentioned in the first post. (No speculation please)

^^^ Yip, quite an odd situation.

I used to share an office with someone who was on the Board in the Withdean days, and knew about the bid to sign Zamora before it was official. That was rather exciting :)

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I knew it was the palace coach driver who did the NAUGHTY MESS early on.

It was quite a period of time to know someone "in the know". Good stories.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I knew Adams was coming back a couple of days before it was announced. I got it from the same contact that told me about the Coca Cola Kid signing and Alex Revell. In usual NSC tradition I was poo poo'ed about both signings when I posted about them.

I knew about the CKR transfer to Sheff Utd, as I was at Worthing watching the 'reserves' playing at the time. He was substituted as soon as the agreement was reached.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I knew about the CKR transfer to Sheff Utd, as I was at Worthing watching the 'reserves' playing at the time. He was substituted as soon as the agreement was reached.

This is true indeed. At around 2245 that night, Dick Knight called me to explain a few things (which he asked to remain confidential and specifically not to appear on NSC :lolol:) - I'm sure not many chairmen would have done that :bowdown:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
This is true indeed. At around 2245 that night, Dick Knight called me to explain a few things (which he asked to remain confidential and specifically not to appear on NSC :lolol:) - I'm sure not many chairmen would have done that :bowdown:

Funny thing, but courteous too.

On a less contentious note, he asked me if he minded if the Simon Dixon portrait of him be placed on display in Dick's Bar when it opened. He did the same when he wanted the same image (albeit Photoshopped) on the front cover of his autobiography.

I simply replied in both instances that the portrait was his, and he could do with it as he saw fit.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This, and the culprit swiftly "left" the club

It was Poyet who caught the culprit. There was cctv, but the culprit had access to it, so was editing it. Poyet set up his own camera, which then provided the proof.

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
Working at Amex, I accidently found out about the stadium sponsorship deal, before actual pen was put to paper. One of our VP's , now on the Albion board hosted a town hall. Usual snooze stuff. Then my ears pricked up when said he had met Dick Knight that afternoon. I looked at a mate, and I mouthed stadium, because there was no connection at the time between DK and Amex. .Knowing the VP was a footie fan, (Southend and Spurs) I asked him directly after he town hall, was his meeting with DK anything to do with the stadium. He nearly spat out his prawn sandwiches there and then. He then said I cannot confirm or deny that we are sponsoring the new stadium, but I can confirm we will never sponsor your shirts (obviously a bit wrong on that one). So that said to me it was defiantly on After that he fed me cryptic clues. Nothing concrete. In fact I think he enjoyed it. Then one day I was told he was coming down to visit our office. This was a Thursday. I asked my boss where he was, as it was a bit late, only to be told he had only come down for the game. We were playing Southampton at Withdean that evening. I knew then it was definite. So like a naughty school boy I hung around the directors lounge come crèche at Withdean. Saw our VP and TB together and as they walked out, I sprang out from behind a wall and walked with them to the directors area.He said he had toured the site in the afternoon with TB, but he also gave me a look of do not F**k this up. And I didn't. I never said a word until it was official . Still see him occasionally at the stadium and he always comes over and says hallo.

SAC

May 21, 2014
I knew it was the palace coach driver who did the NAUGHTY MESS early on.

It was quite a period of time to know someone "in the know". Good stories.

I worked with someone who went to matches in the directors box (with the daughter of a bigwig) who told me that people in the directors box were aware of this on the night.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Working at Amex, I accidently found out about the stadium sponsorship deal, before actual pen was put to paper. One of our VP's , now on the Albion board hosted a town hall. Usual snooze stuff. Then my ears pricked up when said he had met Dick Knight that afternoon. I looked at a mate, and I mouthed stadium, because there was no connection at the time between DK and Amex. .Knowing the VP was a footie fan, (Southend and Spurs) I asked him directly after he town hall, was his meeting with DK anything to do with the stadium. He nearly spat out his prawn sandwiches there and then. He then said I cannot confirm or deny that we are sponsoring the new stadium, but I can confirm we will never sponsor your shirts (obviously a bit wrong on that one). So that said to me it was defiantly on After that he fed me cryptic clues. Nothing concrete. In fact I think he enjoyed it. Then one day I was told he was coming down to visit our office. This was a Thursday. I asked my boss where he was, as it was a bit late, only to be told he had only come down for the game. We were playing Southampton at Withdean that evening. I knew then it was definite. So like a naughty school boy I hung around the directors lounge come crèche at Withdean. Saw our VP and TB together and as they walked out, I sprang out from behind a wall and walked with them to the directors area.He said he had toured the site in the afternoon with TB, but he also gave me a look of do not F**k this up. And I didn't. I never said a word until it was official . Still see him occasionally at the stadium and he always comes over and says hallo.

Amex said they wanted to get involved with the community, and DK was in charge of AITC for a few years, after TB took over.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I worked with someone who went to matches in the directors box (with the daughter of a bigwig) who told me that people in the directors box were aware of this on the night.

Indeed. I would say I heard it maybe 2 days after the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here