Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Commander View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Loads of people were 'ITK' before the Bloom years. Much less so now, we're a far more professional outfit now, and very little gets out that isn't meant to get our.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    And has just got even more secure. Wasn't it mentioned last week that after the Joe Gomez move leaked out, the inner circle at the club got even tighter.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      I knew that we tried very hard to get Garry Monk from Southampton a good few years back. Deal was very close to going through then we went cold on it and he moved to Swansea. Didn't mention it because I was asked not to. But it did demonstrate to me why so many rumours get out and then appear to be bullshit. Far more deals fall through than get completed. In this case it was essentially done - then nothing from the Albion. Clearly a change of plan, but not shared with the player.

If I had shared the news with NSC, I'd have been accused of being a bullshitter.

3 Not allowed!
      I knew the club weren't going to sing a striker, does that count as ITK?
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      http://app.strava.com/clubs/north-stand-geeks
      Fantasy Vuelta - League Name: NSC Geeks League Code: 68204709

Members

0 Not allowed!
      was told by a "100% reliable" source that Jason Roberts had been spotted at the Amex on (a) transfer deadline day - turned out to be a guy who worked in the Albion's Call Centre
      never forget what Stanley, Archer and Bellotti did
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Yes.

But really unless you've actually been told something specifically and directly by Tony Bloom, Dick Knight, etc, then all you've really heard is just glorified office gossip. This was bought home to me when Micky Adams left (1st time). One of my contacts, who had told me a lot of reliable information in the past, told me with 100% certainty that our next manager was going to be Tony Adams! Luckily I didn't post it on here!

Members

0 Not allowed!
      Having watched the Shef Utd transfer deadline day video - even PB and TB will not be ITK on deadline day re agents no doubt continually moving the goal posts so to speak

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Brovion View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Yes.

But really unless you've actually been told something specifically and directly by Tony Bloom, Dick Knight, etc, then all you've really heard is just glorified office gossip. This was bought home to me when Micky Adams left (1st time). One of my contacts, who had told me a lot of reliable information in the past, told me with 100% certainty that our next manager was going to be Tony Adams! Luckily I didn't post it on here!
      Unless, someone senior did chat. You're wrongly assuming that it could only ever have been from from lowly members of staff, or third hand. Pre-Barber, things were a lot looser.

0 Not allowed!
      Over the years I used to get loads of info down to putting up pros and apprentices. A good example was when Melia was manager and wanted to bring in John Manning, his old buddy from Liverpool, in as coach for the 83/4 season. We had JM with us pre season for a month but the club rejected the appointment.
      As other posters have said - little gets out these days.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      i'm in the know on one thing.............but can't say

0 Not allowed!
      Never

There was a poster called Richie Morris or something who was pretty good. Haven't seen him for ages @Thunder Bolt
      Kobanī liberated 26th Jan 2015 = Modern day Stalingrad
      RIP Ceylan Ozalp, 19
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Zqu...dex=11&list=WL