Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Have you ever been 'in the know' on the Albion?

0 Not allowed!
    Anyone care to tell of times they've been ITK with Albion gossip, transfers and goings on? If so, what was it? Did you spill the beans at the time? How did you find out etc..?
    “You can always come back, but you can’t come back all the way.”

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      The only time is when my mate's son was offered a contract during the Withdean years. He refused to train on a Christmas Day for a game with Norwich on Boxing Day (Which would make it 2002) so didn't sign. I did post that we had offered someone a contract but no details - probably just as well as it fell through. And I think we dodged a bullet as he was a sicknote who dropped through the leagues. Biggest Albion claim to fame was picking a fight with Cullip at Withdean when he played for Massive a few months later. It was one of the many Ashley Westwoods that seem to have played recently. Started at Man U youth and went Crewe, Bradford, Massive, Cobblers, Wrexham and a few others. Think he missed pre season at Northampton after breaking his leg with a golf buggy. Not sure their fans no the real reason!
      RICHARD SWIVELLER, a good-hearted, though somewhat queer young man

0 Not allowed!
      During the Withdean era when we were fighting for planning permission for new stadium and beyond my daughter worked for a senior Albion person - and quite interesting it was too
      Registered Mis-user

0 Not allowed!
      Back in Wilkins era, I was told Ian Chapman was joining as coach a couple of days before it was announced, that's about all.
      Just Shut Up and Paddle Saladpack Seagull's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Never been in the "know" so I have to rely on the many NSC posters who obviously are. Although sometimes I have a sneaky feeling that they might not really be in the "know" either.....! Don't ask me why!

2 Not allowed!
      I knew Mr Oatway very well and I knew a fair bit e.g. Cullip to Sheff Utd.Players having to pay their own hotel bills once and Steve Coppell not wanting to leave us but DK was more interested in the compensation money than trying to keep him and a few other bits

0 Not allowed!
      Got info that Horton was going to be the new manager. If memory serves, put it on here (did NSC actually exist back then??) but, of course, no one believed me
      My Hair is like his hair *Gullsworth*'s Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Yes my son in law worked at the club. He used to pick up snippets......but not all of them were true only rumours, now he no longer works there I know nothing more than anyone else!
      Brighton & Hove Albion will be there long after the current players, manager,chairman......thanks to who?...you of course!

0 Not allowed!
      For quite a few years up to 2013 I knew a couple of senior people at the club. They mentioned general info about players wages which was an eye opener (some much higher than people guessed, some much lower) and about some awful player man-management / favouritism by Wendy and Poyet (not the nicest of people at times, so they were put in their place by the Board).

4 Not allowed!
      Loads of people were 'ITK' before the Bloom years. Much less so now, we're a far more professional outfit now, and very little gets out that isn't meant to get our.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      "I am repeatedly a fan of his braggish self-assurance. No point, that I can remember, has he ever been foolish or incorrect. All based on scientific, biblical fact. He's a vivid sermoniser whose halo sometimes burns those who dare to question."