Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RIP Walter Becker

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I bought Katy Lied in Worthing in 1975 and a week hasn't passed in the last 42 years when I haven't listened to them. Prog, punk, post punk etc and all the stages, I went through, they were always there like an incredibly cool uncle. No other band/artist comes even close to that. I took breaks away from Bowie and Joni but never Donald and Walter. RIP.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Shit, seems like only a couple of months ago we were discussing Steely Dan on the "bands who are (not) cool" thread. My music knowledge and taste is broad rather than deep so I don't know everything they've done but Aja is comfortably in my top 10 albums EVER. RIP Walter :(

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
I think "Can't buy a Thrill" probably has a good claim to be the best debut album by any band ever in the history of the world. A staple of my University years.

And love all the stuff other people have highlighted as well. He wasn't much older than me!

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Real shame and another loss, only 10 years older than me !
We do a couple of their songs, I do the 'Ricky' guitar solo on the sax as our guitarist can't be bothered.
Sounds ok though.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
He also worked on The Nightfly although uncredited.
Amazing album, not a duff track.

Yep, thus was pretty much a Steely Dan album, amazingly good, especially Green Flower Street.. Sublime.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Great band . RIP

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here