Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Have you had the heating on yet? [2017]

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Can I pretend that's what I was doing?

I've given you three good "reasons" so far - take your pick. I'm sure rotating the sludge takes longest.

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
No chance

Would like to give it a go since discovering I fitted the 3 way valve upside down 10 years back and sorting it a few months ago but far too early.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I've not gone on my summer holiday yet....

That reminds me - I need to book the boiler service soon.

Jameson

We've had one for quite a few nights now. But it is regularly five degrees cooler up here than in Sussex.

Same here in North Yorkshire. We have even lit the fire a few nights too. Lots of homes in our village still light their fires in the evening and some still have back boilers for hot water and heating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
All you cold blooded jesse types need to stand a bit closer to your man bags.
Wouldn't dream of raising the temps on my beer. if I need more heat, I'll stand closer to the little woman when she opens the oven door or lifts the iron
But seriously, no

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Not a chance. Maybe in the middle of December I'll take the cover off the picture of a fire I've got in the hearth.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
It's in the hands of the thermostat, which is set on a generous 20 degrees. So far, nowhere near clicking on. If it gets closer, will turn it down to 18 degrees and pretend to call the heating engineer.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Just rev'd her up a bit. Checking it all works................would be bad if it failed in the bleak mid winter...

juliant

Apr 4, 2011
Northamptonshire
Not yet no. Just replaced an old system with a combi this weekend and after paying for that I have told her it's off until I say so ! I'm winning at the moment, just.....

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Nope. Can't imagine it'll come on until October some time. Only single glazing in our flat!!

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
View attachment 88921
Turned the dyson on, in the conservatory, for the first time today,since March. Makes it a comfortable room, without heating the rest of the house, which has energy inefficient solid brick external walls. Still in t-shirt and shorts of course.

I have taken your advise and turned my Dyson on as well.
No heat from it yet but I can't hear the telly and I have a hole in my carpet.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Had it on for a couple of months now, thought about switching it off last week as it was warming up a bit but temperatures went backwards so leaving it on a little longer.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
View attachment 88921
Turned the dyson on, in the conservatory, for the first time today,since March. Makes it a comfortable room, without heating the rest of the house, which has energy inefficient solid brick external walls. Still in t-shirt and shorts of course.

That's an incredibly posh looking conservatory you've got. Must be tricky having the floor on the side like that though!

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Definitely not.
I'm sat around in shorts and t-shirt every evening with the windows slightly open for a bit of fresh air and the Mrs has an extra layer on and a blanket if she needs it.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Its always makes me laugh the way that it's almost a source of personal pride how late you can put the heating on. I could not give a monkeys about putting it on. If it's chilly, it goes on, even if it's June. That's why i work - to be able to afford to do crazy things like that. I suppose i could sit in a cold house and rejoice at the 12p saving i've made that day, but that would make me a miserable, miserly git.

So yes, yesterday the woodburner was lit. I paid to pt the thing in, i had the wood in the house, so i bloody well lit it!

and relax....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here