Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Have you had the heating on yet? [2017]

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
It's around now we don't like having storage radiators, to make them viable you have to have them on or off, when we do turn them on they stay on for good, charging up on the economy 7 tariff (12 midnight to 6am) for those that are not aware it's really not worth turning them on and off like a conventional heater, we have put ours on and at times as the sun comes up during the day we just open a window or patio door even!

On the plus side we have never had to use the manual heating switch (turn them on outside of economy 7) and our bills are really low, so not all bad, as the weather gets colder they really do come into there own though!

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
No. Not until at least the clocks go back. I hate winter! :annoyed:

Agree with the timing but love the seasons it's one of the reasons for staying here. I wouldn't want every day to be the same. Love getting toggled up and walking over Downs or along to Saltdean from Southwick with the waves crashing on the beach. There ain't nothing like it except the Coastal patrols have gone all H&S telling you to keep off the Marina arms etc.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I shut the last window a couple of weeks ago, and even before starting a month of 'well go and put a jumper on' yesterday I cranked the heating up from 15 all the way to the dizzying heights of 16 degrees.

I must be getting old.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Had the heating on for an hour couple of nights last week, and last 2 nights. May have to succumb and put the timer on. (I'm sure it gets worse with age and I didn't used to be such a wimp)

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I have it on for a couple of hours in the morning to wake me from my igloo of a flat

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Still not had the heating on yet. Not been cold enough yet so think my neighbours either side (we're mid terrace) must have their on full blast.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here