Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Have you had the heating on yet? [2017]

gmabel830

Aug 12, 2017
It's supposed to hit a chilly 42.2* C in Arizona this week (108* F)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I'm disgusted by this thread. Far too early. November is the earliest that the heating will be on in the Giraffe House.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Still got the windows open at my gaff, be a while before the heating goes on for sure.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
No way. We have recently had a new boiler and radiators fitted so expecting it not to work anyway!

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
No, still sitting in shorts & t shirt. Nowhere near cold enough yet .

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
Daughter Papak put the gas fire on last night while I was cooking supper - I had a stern word and then I turned it off!!

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
No way. We have recently had a new boiler and radiators fitted so expecting it not to work anyway!

My old boiler is now obsolete, so getting a new one in a couple of weeks. It had better work!

By the way people, you do know you're supposed to turn the heating on occasionally during the summer, so stop the sludge settling and solidifying at the bottom of the system?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
By the way people, you do know you're supposed to turn the heating on occasionally during the summer, so stop the sludge settling and solidifying at the bottom of the system?

Can I pretend that's what I was doing?

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Mine has been on all summer, set to warm the house if it drops below 14C (it hasn't). Previously mrs H would sit there and whine "can we have the heating on" but now I tell her, as she shivers under a blanket, that it's on all the time and because it's an intelligent thermostat it will come on when it thinks we need it (I've yet to tell her it's adjustable).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here