Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Have you had the heating on yet? [2017]

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
As the heating has already kicked in here, it's time to resurrect an old favourite.

I'm still in shorts and t-shirt, of course, but the central heating has made a seasonal debut "just to lift the chill off the place". This is considerably earlier than 2016.

Anyone else?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
It's the beginning of September ffs!! Clear evidence of who wears the trousers in the Boz household!! I padlock the heating controls until 1st December here in BN2!!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
They have heating for houses now?

I wore a thin jumper into town yesterday as I was going to be getting home around midnight, first time I've dusted off a jumper for a while. I'll probably have to don one later too. I went for a 10 mile run this morning and it was lovely and warm, not the case any more though from the look of the outside world.

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
Yes, "just to dry the towels" or "bleed the radiators".

Actually, it's warmer outside than indoors today. But pi55ing down.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
No! I personally don't like to switch on the heating until we have to scrape the frost off the inside of the windows, but I will eventually lose the battle (as I always do) once the thermometer drops below about 10c.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Nope. Sitting in lounge wearing shorts and t shirt. Heating on? No chance. That costs money. I've come over all faint.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
As the heating has already kicked in here, it's time to resurrect an old favourite.

I'm still in shorts and t-shirt, of course, but the central heating has made a seasonal debut "just to lift the chill off the place". This is considerably earlier than 2016.

Anyone else?

That'll teach you to spend 3 weeks somewhere warm. Next time, go somewhere colder - Anchorage, say. Better still, arrange the trip for your partner and kids, while you go to the football.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Yep..not for my benefit..i'll work outside in shorts up until October..but my tenant and son seem to have an enormous amount of washing to get dry :moo:

Yoda

English & European
Not a chance, still in shorts and t-shirt in the living room. Will use a fan heater first before the heating goes on anyway.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
No chance, I'll wait till all glimpses of warmth has disappeared, and only then it goes on low.
Allegedly expecting a hot autumn, if you can believe the tabloid weather gurus!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
This has got to be a slow day for Albion news, if were talking about heating.
I'm guessing the PL is to blame, one game per week, whereas the Championship was average of two games per week and yes of course the bloody international break :shrug:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here