Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rivals message boards

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
We moved platforms on a number of occasions, but we've been on vBulletin since July 2003. I do keep looking at Xenforo, which has taken a lot of market share away from vBulletin, and comes with some advantages such as being mobile responsive out of the box and a better notification system, but I've yet to see a truly compelling reason to migrate, given it will be quite a task in itself.

Hmm I dont recall ever being on anything else than VBulletin

Any idea what this one runs off? Seems a lot like VB but perhaps a new version (just out of interest like as visited this week and quite liked it)
https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/forums/everton-forum.2/

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Was it on Rivals where there was a fella with user name Jack Duckworth who only post in capitals?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
One thing I have learnt trawling other clubs chat sites, it is best to have the one, having a few really sucks. That is why NSC is so good and equally crap, but it all happens on one page.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
One thing I have learnt trawling other clubs chat sites, it is best to have the one, having a few really sucks. That is why NSC is so good and equally crap, but it all happens on one page.

What do you mean by equally crap out of interest. (honest question)
I pop into other clubs forums but yeah having one independent one definitely works for us I think (see 2k plus users online at a time which is pretty impressive) Not really been on other forums with any where near that volume

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Hmm I dont recall ever being on anything else than VBulletin

Any idea what this one runs off? Seems a lot like VB but perhaps a new version (just out of interest like as visited this week and quite liked it)
https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/forums/everton-forum.2/

No, we've been on several different platforms going back to 1998/99 when I first visited NSC (Even that was a relaunch). At one stage we seemed to be on a different platform a week.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
No, we've been on several different platforms going back to 1998/99 when I first visited NSC (Even that was a relaunch). At one stage we seemed to be on a different platform a week.

...and as many different hosts.

Back then I had no idea what I was doing. Something that continues to this day.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
What do you mean by equally crap out of interest. (honest question)
I pop into other clubs forums but yeah having one independent one definitely works for us I think (see 2k plus users online at a time which is pretty impressive) Not really been on other forums with any where near that volume

There are a lot of people that talk total shite on here (including me), it gets tiring. Honest answer.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
bumped_by_god.gif

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here