Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nuclear explosion in North Korea? Or earthquake?

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/05/nor...risk-of-imploding-chinese-scientist-says.html

North Korea's nuclear test site at risk of imploding, Chinese scientist says

The single mountain under which North Korea most likely conducted its five most recent nuclear bomb tests could be at risk of collapsing, a Chinese scientist said.
The team from the seismic and deep earth physics laboratory made the claim in a statement posted on their website on Monday.
Its leader, geophysicist Wen Lianxing, said that based on data collected by more than 100 earthquake monitoring centers in China.

WonderingSoton

Dec 3, 2014
For all the criticism of Trump letting NK grow more and more brash with this threat - where is the criticism for Obama in this? It's taken NK years and years to get to this point, most of which the White House was resided in by President Obama, whose policy was very much 'wait and see'.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
where is the criticism for Obama in this? It's taken NK years and years to get to this point, most of which the White House was resided in by President Obama, whose policy was very much 'wait and see'.
Why should it be up to the US, what about the rest of the world? Team America World Police wasn't a documentary.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
For all the criticism of Trump letting NK grow more and more brash with this threat - where is the criticism for Obama in this? It's taken NK years and years to get to this point, most of which the White House was resided in by President Obama, whose policy was very much 'wait and see'.

Or, notice that they waited until Obama was out of office, and then went fully gung ho in this direction, now that the US have an absolutely useless thick tosser in office?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Or, notice that they waited until Obama was out of office, and then went fully gung ho in this direction, now that the US have an absolutely useless thick tosser in office?

There doesn't seem to be any joined up thinking over North Korea, under Trump nor under Obama. I actually support Trump's position on NK, but if you're going to talk to talk, you need to be able to back it up with walking the walk. The very fact that Trump sacked a member of his team for correctly calling the fact that there is no military option on the table that doesn't see 10m people killed in Seoul (30 miles from the border) suggests he hasn't thought this through. No surprise there then. But it is high time some action was taken. The Chinese are losing patience with this gangster run basketcase of a state on their doorstep, so I'd like to see the US and Chinese negotiate terms such that North Korea is liberated, reunited with the South, and American troops removed entirely from the peninsula. I don't see how else this can play out.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
I'm pretty central and lean to the left on a lot of issues.
I wasn't thinking about politicians blaming Trump but I wouldn't be suprised if there are extreme left wing comedians on Twitter blaming it all on him. Which is disappointing because it weakons their credibility and I agree with them on a lot of other issues. Sorry about my spelling.

I can't imagine anyone here pinning this one on Trump . :lol: #65

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I know that China never enter war, that is fact.
What do you mean? China has expanded over the centuries, it's no longer within the Great Wall. They've fought Japan in the second world war, but also before the first (over the control of Korea). They had a civil war mid 20th century, resulting in their current leadership. They then had a war with India over territory. And now they're a much larger military force than ever before.

surely when they have a country as dangerous as NK on their doorstep they should be showing the hammer head and battering them if they don't comply?
I certainly don't know, but I guess that they don't see NK as the danger we do, as NK is against the rest of the world more than it's against China, and as posted earlier in the thread, China are more concerned with US influence in Korea than with NK itself. Personally I don't think that's wise, as I think NK is a risk to world peace.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here