Who will start in goal V West Brom

• Ryan

Votes: 201 67.0%
  • Krul

Votes: 99 33.0%

• Total voters

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
The poll asks who WILL start, rather than who SHOULD start. Ryan will start but whether he SHOULD start over NM or TK can only be decided by CH after advice from Ben Roberts. Personally I would start NM but then I'm only basing this on relative match fitness and my image of him as a tall and area-commanding type of keeper.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
If Ryan is fit from his travels, he plays. You cant drop him after 3 games but he has a lot to prove. TK waiting in for his chance! Personally the jury is very much still out on Ryan but you have to give him a fair crack at it!

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
The poll asks who WILL start, rather than who SHOULD start. Ryan will start but whether he SHOULD start over NM or TK can only be decided by CH after advice from Ben Roberts. Personally I would start NM but then I'm only basing this on relative match fitness and my image of him as a tall and area-commanding type of keeper.

I tend to agree as MR could be jet lagged, TK is an excellent keeper but we don't know about his match fitness so NM is probably the most reliable bet.

One thing for sure this is no time for sentiment !

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
To start anybody other than Ryan would be tantamount to CH admitting he had made a right ricket bringing him in.

Can you see that happening? I can't.

Krul should start but I don't believe for a second that he will.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Ryan for me followed by Maenpaa who must incidentally be wondering what he has done wrong for Krul to have been signed. I can see Krul being the No1 by the seasons end

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I would play Krul, Chris will play Ryan.

I didn't go to Watford but the other games I have seen and for me Ryan looks like a rabbit in the headlights. I hope he can improve but I see WBA and Bournemouth as pivotal games to our survival chances...

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
If Ryan is fit from his travels, he plays. You cant drop him after 3 games but he has a lot to prove. TK waiting in for his chance! Personally the jury is very much still out on Ryan but you have to give him a fair crack at it!

Krul might get his chance in November? This might be why he was signed and Walton being injuried so he could not be an emergency recall.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_FIFA_World_Cup_qualification_(AFC)#Group_H

I would play Ryan vs WBA. Ryan's distribution stats is up with best in the EPL, except deGea. Much better than Pickford.

Last edited:

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I voted for Krul as I doubt that Ryan will be over the jet lag. If they finish playing by about 1pm our time today he then has to get from Melbourne to the UK which takes about 24 hours so the earliest he's likely to be back without any chance to sleep (unless he does so on the plane) is about 3pm or 4pm tomorrow afternoon. If he goes for a sleep there it'll be 9 or 10 pm tomorrow night. I wouldn't think that gives him anywhere near enough rest.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Who will start in goal? Ryan

Who I would prefer? Krul

So I have gone for Ryan as that is the question.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
0-0 at half-time between Ryan's lot and the Thais right now.

45th min — RYAN’S HEART-IN-MOUTH MOMENT: Mat Ryan charged out of his box to cut off a Thailand counter attack, but brought down one of the visiting players and conceded a free kick. He was fortunate to escape a yellow card at the end of a half the Aussies have completely dominated with no reward.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
"Ryan comes charging out of his area to cut out a counter-attack and makes a classic keeper’s tackle on Dangda - free-kick, and lucky not to get a booking. He didn’t have much choice though"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here