Not open for further replies.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
People will certainly pay that money

BeardyChops

Jan 24, 2009
I bought a season ticket for Falmer Auctions, and as Bozza suggests getting out is much quicker than from the Bridge.

I've received an email today saying:

It is with regret that we will not be able to open the car park on Sunday 15th October 2017 for the Brighton v Everton game.
The situation has arisen due to the fact that our I.T. Company used without authorisation from the Football Club their logo on our web page and Facebook.

Obviously using a logo without permission is a terrible sin, but I'm wondering how misusing a logo leads to restrictions on what they can do with their car park.
Does the club have rights over the usage of the roads on match days?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I bought a season ticket for Falmer Auctions, and as Bozza suggests getting out is much quicker than from the Bridge.

It is with regret that we will not be able to open the car park on Sunday 15th October 2017 for the Brighton v Everton game.
The situation has arisen due to the fact that our I.T. Company used without authorisation from the Football Club their logo on our web page and Facebook.

Obviously using a logo without permission is a terrible sin, but I'm wondering how misusing a logo leads to restrictions on what they can do with their car park.

I'd ban them just for torturing English

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I guess it could have been interpreted that it was an official club car park.

Are they refunding you?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
18 games to go, £15 per game. Same price as The Bridge isn't it, but sounds like you get away the same day.

Lol...how true took over 80 mins for the Newcastle game and I didn’t leave the ground until 20 mins after KO and sauntered back to the car park

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Of course the club logo shouldn't be used without permission, but you would have thought a quick call, take the website down and change it, everyone's happy.

Not only are Falmer Auctions losing out now, so are the fans who had planned to use their car park.

All car parks are sold out Sunday, so it's not pitching business from the club.

Jovis

Mar 30, 2012
Got the same email. "The club lawyers have contacted us stating the club has lost money due to the misuse of their logo". Really? Seems a bit heavy handed to me. Use the car park as I drive down from Guildford and now have no viable transport option to get to the game. Seagulls travel coach lists are closed. So who benefits from the fact that 60 odd car loads of supporters now have nowhere to park?

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
F*ck me! Is this really where all of our years of struggle to the promised land of the Premier League has got us to?!

A sad day for our great club.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
More sledge hammer to crack a nut bullying by the club. Surely a quick phone call was all that was needed-not solictor's letters from the club.

The journey was definitely better than the destination.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Their page is down now, unsurprisingly, although Google have it cached:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...amex-match-parking/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

This is the offending item, presumably:

Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 19.35.58.png

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
More sledge hammer to crack a nut bullying by the club. Surely a quick phone call was all that was needed-not solictor's letters from the club.

The journey was definitely better than the destination.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Personally i’ll judge that one after we’ve been at the ‘destination’ a tad longer

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
All they had to do was tell them to remove the logo.

In fairness though all Falmer Auctions had to do was not use the clubs logo.

Where the fook do you find an 'IT company' stupid enough to copy a trademarked logo?
Not to mention how stupid are they think there wouldn't be any repercussions?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Some junior IT-er has possibly lost their job for putting together what they thought was a decent webpage.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
In fairness though all Falmer Auctions had to do was not use the clubs logo.

Where the fook do you find an 'IT company' stupid enough to copy a trademarked logo?
Not to mention how stupid are they think there wouldn't be any repercussions?

Their website says: "Designed & built by orangelove"

As such, one can only assume that they are the "IT company" >>> http://www.orangelove.co.uk/

Pretty poor from Falmer Auctions, really. Looking to blame their supplier. Did they not provide a spec to their supplier? Did they not check and sign off the work of their supplier? Haven't they been offering parking for quite a while - how did they not know this logo was there?

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Their website says: "Designed & built by orangelove"

As such, one can only assume that they are the "IT company" >>> http://www.orangelove.co.uk/

Pretty poor from Falmer Auctions, really. Looking to blame their supplier. Did they not provide a spec to their supplier? Did they not check and sign off the work of their supplier? Haven't they been offering parking for quite a while - how did they not know this logo was there?

Exactly, as much as this is a case of sledgehammer & nut.
You've got to wonder why the nut gave a sledgehammer to the club, in the first place, and said 'go on then hit me'.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here