Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Match day parking availble at Falmer Auctions

Status
Not open for further replies.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Got the same email. "The club lawyers have contacted us stating the club has lost money due to the misuse of their logo". Really? Seems a bit heavy handed to me. Use the car park as I drive down from Guildford and now have no viable transport option to get to the game. Seagulls travel coach lists are closed. So who benefits from the fact that 60 odd car loads of supporters now have nowhere to park?

Are you not considering driving to say Shoreham, parking up and using the train? I know it’s adding quite a bit of time ...but :shrug:

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Their website says: "Designed & built by orangelove"

As such, one can only assume that they are the "IT company" >>> http://www.orangelove.co.uk/

Pretty poor from Falmer Auctions, really. Looking to blame their supplier. Did they not provide a spec to their supplier? Did they not check and sign off the work of their supplier? Haven't they been offering parking for quite a while - how did they not know this logo was there?

Get that seagull off your avatar Bozza!

Jovis

Mar 30, 2012
Are you not considering driving to say Shoreham, parking up and using the train? I know it’s adding quite a bit of time ...but :shrug:

Of course it's a fair question but it's already seven hours door to door. I'll have my six year old son with me, so I don't fancy train from Shoreham, queuing at Brighton for a train to Falmer, shoe-horning him on, then doing it all in reverse on the way back.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Maybe I've had one too many tonight, but have the club actually pulled the plug on a carpark for BHA v Everton, because....they used the BHA logo in promoting it ?

Someone please tell me I've got that wrong.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Of course it's a fair question but it's already seven hours door to door. I'll have my six year old son with me, so I don't fancy train from Shoreham, queuing at Brighton for a train to Falmer, shoe-horning him on, then doing it all in reverse on the way back.

Well having a six year old puts it into perspective...what will u do?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Maybe I've had one too many tonight, but have the club actually pulled the plug on a carpark for BHA v Everton, because....they used the BHA logo in promoting it ?

It would seems that way.

This is what the years of protesting, marches, leaflets and exile were all for....

I hope those now drawing a nice salary from a club that the supporters refused to let die appreciate it. Wankers.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Their website says: "Designed & built by orangelove"

As such, one can only assume that they are the "IT company" >>> http://www.orangelove.co.uk/

Pretty poor from Falmer Auctions, really. Looking to blame their supplier. Did they not provide a spec to their supplier? Did they not check and sign off the work of their supplier? Haven't they been offering parking for quite a while - how did they not know this logo was there?

Agreed........some slightly clueless people running Falmer Auctions it seems.

Jovis

Mar 30, 2012
Well having a six year old puts it into perspective...what will u do?

I'll probably have to leave him at home, which is a shame - I'll tell him to expect a dressing-down email from the club for not using his season ticket! Then I'll drive as close as I can get (maybe Lewes?) and take the train as you suggest. Of course he could do that too, but my experience is 6 year old olds and train queues don't mix! Falmer Auctions has been a convenient option for us, and many others, so I hope they get it sorted.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'll probably have to leave him at home, which is a shame - I'll tell him to expect a dressing-down email from the club for not using his season ticket! Then I'll drive as close as I can get (maybe Lewes?) and take the train as you suggest. Of course he could do that too, but my experience is 6 year old olds and train queues don't mix! Falmer Auctions has been a convenient option for us, and many others, so I hope they get it sorted.

I'm not being critical but there are at least two easier options available to you...

1. The club's own Park n Ride, most notably at the race course which I believe doesn't get full.
2. JustPark: https://www.justpark.com/search/?ac...te&start_date=15 Oct 2017&start_time=12:00:00

Jovis

Mar 30, 2012
I'm not being critical but there are at least two easier options available to you...

1. The club's own Park n Ride, most notably at the race course which I believe doesn't get full.
2. JustPark: https://www.justpark.com/search/?ac...te&start_date=15 Oct 2017&start_time=12:00:00

All fair enough. But none as easy as walking 5 mins, getting in your car, and driving home. The real issue is not how I'm getting to the game, but that the club sees fit to inconvenience a considerable number of supporters for what seems like a minor issue. Falmer Auctions aren't blameless, not least because they didn't inform customers until lunchtime today, leaving no time to book alternatives like Seagulls Travel.

But thanks for the suggestions and the other users who've PM'd with ideas.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I don't understand why this is solely the clubs fault?

I'm going to make 3 assumptions:-

1 - You know almost f**k all about copyright law.
2 - You know more about copyright law than I do.
&
3 - With our combined knowledge of the law, and remember that's 'f**k all' and even less, we still know you can't use a trademarked logo without authorisation from it's owner.

The fact that on top of all of that they were offering a service in direct competition to the services provided by the club I'm more amazed they've been able to pull it off for as long as they have.

Although like goldstone I still fail to see how the football club can prevent them opening on Sunday?

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
All fair enough. But none as easy as walking 5 mins, getting in your car, and driving home. The real issue is not how I'm getting to the game, but that the club sees fit to inconvenience a considerable number of supporters for what seems like a minor issue. Falmer Auctions aren't blameless, not least because they didn't inform customers until lunchtime today, leaving no time to book alternatives like Seagulls Travel.

But thanks for the suggestions and the other users who've PM'd with ideas.

Parked once at Lewes station, only £6 I think, 5 mins on the train. Hope you still make it, with your son

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
In fairness though all Falmer Auctions had to do was not use the clubs logo.

Where the fook do you find an 'IT company' stupid enough to copy a trademarked logo?
Not to mention how stupid are they think there wouldn't be any repercussions?

I agree, they were pretty stupid but the club have been a tad heavy handed.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Does anyone not start pricing these days with “how to a f uck people to the max..?” What’s wrong with an honest fiver? Why are airports the role model? FFs it’s the players earning stupid money not the fans. I’d give these greedy chancers the clamp if I were you. If you pay you’re a fool and condoning rip off Britain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here