Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Looking forward to seeing over 1,000 fans at Bournemouth in the Carabao Cup!

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I read somewhere that people buying student tickets are now required to have their student card scanned and provided to the club for them to keep on file as proof of their entitlement to discounted tickets.

I have seen the copy of the letter and it does mention that they failed to provide evidence that they are a student after being asked several times to provide it. Glad they got caught.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I have seen the copy of the letter and it does mention that they failed to provide evidence that they are a student after being asked several times to provide it. Glad they got caught.

I'm slightly surprised they haven't chased him for the extra money too (which is presumably the only reason he did it in the first place?); it's fraud, after all.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Tell the chairman.

Nothing wrong with it from my perspective forgetting one off like last night those that have been going for years are being rewarded and so they should be.

Didn't hear you moaning about Rotherham away last year. Glory hunters.

Oh f*ck off.

I'm 23, a third generation Brighton fan and I was taken to my first Brighton game at weeks old (Born march 94, taken to a game in the 93/94 season.). I went to my first away game in 2001 and had my first season ticket the following season in 2001/02. I've been to over 50 away grounds including Carling Cup games away at Northampton. You're talking to somebody who used to put his f*cking pocket money in the 20 note fund so drop the "glory hunter" shite because you look like a f*cking idiot. I'm far from a super fan, they'll be many on here who deserve to go, but that doesn't make me a glory hunter.

However as I couldn't afford a season ticket for the 15/16 season due to losing my job just before simple I have less than 100 points and won't be able to attend any away games this year apart from maybe Burnley and Swansea. FWIW, my post wasn't about me anyway. I couldn't go yesterday but it's the most blatant example yet of how broken the system is. It's a farce and opposing it doesn't make you a plastic.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I'm slightly surprised they haven't chased him for the extra money too (which is presumably the only reason he did it in the first place?); it's fraud, after all.

The letter does state fraud and defrauding an away club, I dont believe they have asked for any money though, however I can only go on the letter I have seen.

This is bizzare (I haven't read the whole thread) but it appears, in a nutshell that people have bought tickets for an away match they haven't gone to in order to buy tickets for an away match, so they so badly want to go to an away match that they'll not go to an away match in order to do it.

I'm scared

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This is bizzare (I haven't read the whole thread) but it appears, in a nutshell that people have bought tickets for an away match they haven't gone to in order to buy tickets for an away match, so they so badly want to go to an away match that they'll not go to an away match in order to do it.

I'm scared

Cheapo tickets have been bought for Dean Court to give some fans a greater chance of getting tickets to the Emirates / Stamford Bridge / Old Trafford etc. Thats not bizarre at all. Sadly its human nature, and 700-odd Albion fans have proved they're not above nefarious means to play the system in order to get ahead of their fellow supporters. Even if it meant depriving someone of a ticket who would actually have wanted to go.

Not that I expect to see any admissions of it from anyone on here.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I'm scared

It's not hard to believe. I'm on 231 points, and I couldn't go last night due to other commitments. Had I thrown £10 at it anyway, I'd have 241 points and I'd now have a West Ham ticket. As it happened, I didn't do that, but I won't be at West Ham either, whereas I could easily have been for an extra tenner.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I have less than 100 points and won't be able to attend any away games this year apart from maybe Burnley and Swansea. .

No chance. 200 points here and not had a sniff yet.

Will go to Burnley and Swansea as will probably loads in this points bracket.

Should be some held back for situations like yours though.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Could end up with a scenario of drawing someone like Barrow away in the FA Cup 1st round proper and we are given 1000 tickets and the club offers 15 loyalty points as it's January and everyone is skint
All the tickets sell in a day but on the day of the game only about 150 turn up

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It really should not be beyond the wit of man to have a standardised scanning system at the gate that relays the attendance data back to the visiting club.

Here's an "ideal world" idea.
When a STH is buying a ticket for an away game, instead of getting a printed ticket sent to them they could have the game uploaded onto their season ticket card, and beep it through at the away turnstile. Non-STH’s could get an “Away card” for the season that works in exactly the same way, whereby the away game is loaded onto it, and they beep their ticket through at the away ground accordingly. Then and only then are the loyalty points added. This way the whole system is streamlined, no waiting on tickets being delivered etc.

This would of course require some will on the part of all 20 PL clubs to incorporate such a scanning system, which is probably fanciful as they don’t really get anything out of it. Nice idea though, I reckons. Doesn't address the occasional away games at a tinpot lower league ground, but at least it would prevent instances happening like like night.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Both Leicester and Watford had tickets available for the 188 bracket or whatever it was at the time.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

I'm scared
Yeah, that does seem to be the case: people bought football match tickets but didn't actually want to go to a football match. It's like shopping at Tesco's and then throwing the food away as soon as you get home as all you wanted was the Clubcard points.

Maybe the club could just sell loyalty points?

EDIT: Although it seems that reading the other responses to your post you and I are alone in this.

Cheapo tickets have been bought for Dean Court to give some fans a greater chance of getting tickets to the Emirates / Stamford Bridge / Old Trafford etc. Thats not bizarre at all. Sadly its human nature, and 700-odd Albion fans have proved they're not above nefarious means to play the system in order to get ahead of their fellow supporters. Even if it meant depriving someone of a ticket who would actually have wanted to go.

Not that I expect to see any admissions of it from anyone on here.

My comment was a bit tongue in cheek as I am aware of how these things work, but it's not something I'd do as I find this more distasteful than sleaziness som Saudis wallet

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

I'm on 220 points. I'm not convinced I'll be able to get a Ticket for Swansea.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
While I get why people are doing this, what are they looking to achieve? Are they going to buy tickets for 'all' the games they don't fancy just to get the big ones?

Surely it becomes to much of a waste to say buy a £30 ticket to Stoke and not go?

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
While I get why people are doing this, what are they looking to achieve? Are they going to buy tickets for 'all' the games they don't fancy just to get the big ones?

Surely it becomes to much of a waste to say buy a £30 ticket to Stoke and not go?

Premier League games you're going to find someone to take the ticket off your hands, even if you make a bit of a loss, sell it for £20 or whatever, someone will go. If you want to stay in that tier 1 threshold, then buy a ticket for every game, if you can't go, sell it on to a mate. This is the system we have. You can bet your house this will be how many will play it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It really should not be beyond the wit of man to have a standardised scanning system at the gate that relays the attendance data back to the visiting club.

Here's an "ideal world" idea.
When a STH is buying a ticket for an away game, instead of getting a printed ticket sent to them they could have the game uploaded onto their season ticket card, and beep it through at the away turnstile. Non-STH’s could get an “Away card” for the season that works in exactly the same way, whereby the away game is loaded onto it, and they beep their ticket through at the away ground accordingly. Then and only then are the loyalty points added. This way the whole system is streamlined, no waiting on tickets being delivered etc.

This would of course require some will on the part of all 20 PL clubs to incorporate such a scanning system, which is probably fanciful as they don’t really get anything out of it. Nice idea though, I reckons. Doesn't address the occasional away games at a tinpot lower league ground, but at least it would prevent instances happening like like night.

Another way is to send the tickets to the away club with several of our stewards, queue in sections according to the alphabet A-F etc, to pick up the tickets. Those that aren't used, don't get loyalty points. The only snag I can see it will take time to dole out the tickets, so fans would have to arrive early.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
They have ,my son's mate got done,looked back on past 2 seasons,and got a 3 match ban

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here