Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Looking forward to seeing over 1,000 fans at Bournemouth in the Carabao Cup!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
It seems to me that the problem isn't with the Leicester and Watford type of game but the bigger more glamorous games. Arsenal, Man U, City, Spurs ect will all sell out in no time. The thing is , all these clubs have capacities double those of most of the others yet still only have to offer us 3000 tickets. Maybe there should be a rule that say all clubs have to offer 3000 or 10% of capacity, whichever is greater.

The irony is the fans who go to support our club will no doubt enjoy games against the likes of Bournemouth more as we stand far more chance of scoring and winning. Had we had 3,000 for Bournemouth last Friday night we would not have sold out. While our trips to Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs will appeal to our gloryboys fanbase there is a really possibility we will get a right old stuffing.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
It really should not be beyond the wit of man to have a standardised scanning system at the gate that relays the attendance data back to the visiting club.

Here's an "ideal world" idea.
When a STH is buying a ticket for an away game, instead of getting a printed ticket sent to them they could have the game uploaded onto their season ticket card, and beep it through at the away turnstile. Non-STH’s could get an “Away card” for the season that works in exactly the same way, whereby the away game is loaded onto it, and they beep their ticket through at the away ground accordingly. Then and only then are the loyalty points added. This way the whole system is streamlined, no waiting on tickets being delivered etc.

This would of course require some will on the part of all 20 PL clubs to incorporate such a scanning system, which is probably fanciful as they don’t really get anything out of it. Nice idea though, I reckons. Doesn't address the occasional away games at a tinpot lower league ground, but at least it would prevent instances happening like like night.

An easier cheaper method is for tickets to get stamped at the away ground. Points are then redeemed upon presentation, back at the Amex, of a stamped ticked.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
An easier cheaper method is for tickets to get stamped at the away ground. Points are then redeemed upon presentation, back at the Amex, of a stamped ticked.

Bit of a ballache going to present your stamped ticket at the Amex though. And that could be weeks away depending on fixtures, or when you're next attending, so quite a potential delay in redeeming your points.

I know I'd end up losing the stub.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm all for a debate, but anyone suggesting fans should pay higher ticket prices is :mad: in my book.

This is a conversation, which I am sure is happening at Albion HQ, about how best to run a loyalty system. Last night highlighted how the current system can be abused, to the detriment of actual fans not being able to go to a game that had 700 empty seats. Has to be debated, and looked at.

The previous system was abused too. There were plenty of people who said they were buying Huddersfield away tickets, because the Terriers had put the away tickets on sale at £10. The game was on a Thursday night (for Sky) so poorly attended, but lots of fans got points, and even posted on Nsc about it.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
The previous system was abused too. There were plenty of people who said they were buying Huddersfield away tickets, because the Terriers had put the away tickets on sale at £10. The game was on a Thursday night (for Sky) so poorly attended, but lots of fans got points, and even posted on Nsc about it.

Mainly due to our coaches going home surely?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Mainly due to our coaches going home surely?

Our coaches? Blues away and the Supporters club coaches got there, by diverting up the A24. Seagulls Travel knew about the problem on the A23 before we even set off, but still got stuck in the traffic.

There were boasts on Nsc, that people paid £10 for a ticket and were going to watch on Sky.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Bit of a ballache going to present your stamped ticket at the Amex though. And that could be weeks away depending on fixtures, or when you're next attending, so quite a potential delay in redeeming your points.

I know I'd end up losing the stub.

How about Gully roams the away end holding a match program, fans then have to get a selfie with him whilst holding up their ticket? ???

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Our coaches? Blues away and the Supporters club coaches got there, by diverting up the A24. Seagulls Travel knew about the problem on the A23 before we even set off, but still got stuck in the traffic.

There were boasts on Nsc, that people paid £10 for a ticket and were going to watch on Sky.

Hadn't realised, steward told me most had to turn and go home.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Whatever system you have, other than a free for all, will end up with some abusing it. Look at season tickets and how many that don't turn up each home game. Are the club going police that so that those that regularly don't turn up get their tickets taken away and sold to those on the waiting list. What about STH who aren't really fans but have a season because it local and they can't afford one at Arsenal/Chelsea etc. Should they be vetted so a 'genuine' Brighton fan gets the ticket?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Whatever system you have, other than a free for all, will end up with some abusing it. Look at season tickets and how many that don't turn up each home game. Are the club going police that so that those that regularly don't turn up get their tickets taken away and sold to those on the waiting list. What about STH who aren't really fans but have a season because it local and they can't afford one at Arsenal/Chelsea etc. Should they be vetted so a 'genuine' Brighton fan gets the ticket?

Other clubs do have a system where season tickets are cancelled if the holder doesn't attend a certain number of games. Obviously if someone has a temporary health problem, the club could be informed, but there those who only attend a few games a year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here