Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 174
  1. #41
    Members
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    wisborough green
    Posts
    2,032


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by BRIGHT ON Q View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How many would we have sold if there were no points for this game? Are the people moaning because they wanted a ticket to go to the game or they wanted 10 points or just moaning at people getting 10 points?
    Shall we go or shall we stay home and just take the points lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #42
      Super Moderator
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Posts
      32,033


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bold Seagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      How do you know everyone going to the cup game would have gone to the league game, which seems to be the basis of your statement?
      Many of the tickets were sold in the first tranche to people who are naturally the most loyal fans. Doesn't seem a big leap to surmise that many are the same people. I know 4 of my group of 6 from Friday are going on Tuesday as well.
    • #43
      Members
      Join Date
      Mar 2010
      Location
      Hove
      Posts
      15,711


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Many of the tickets were sold in the first tranche to people who are naturally the most loyal fans. Doesn't seem a big leap to surmise that many are the same people. I know 4 of my group of 6 from Friday are going on Tuesday as well.
      The cup game started at 217 points, which as you know includes a lot of people who have so far been unable to get an away ticket. The league game didn't get beyond the 281 threshold I don't think.

      I'm not doubting for a second that our most loyal fans ARE going to both, but then again, if you are your friends are getting tickets for both, you'll likely have 281+ points anyway regardless of the cup game. If your argument is true, then the first tranche threshold for the cup game would have needed to have been 250+ or something, because that is what all those attending the league game must have and there were a lot less tickets available.

      The club will have the statistics on what loyalty point levels bought the cup game tickets, and maybe that provides them with important data for the rest of the season, it's obviously something they will build on now that we are selling out every away game, and it is worthy of discussion I think as I still believe the club do listen to fans, and this is new ground for them.
    • #44
      Tedious chump Mr Banana's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2005
      Location
      Standing in the way of control
      Posts
      4,286


      1 Not allowed!
      Imagine if people spend hundreds of quid on games they won't go to just to get loyalty points this season and then all us old dweebs overtake them again when we're back at Burton and Bolton and Hull next year
    • #45

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Claude samdamme View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Depends what side of the fence you sit on - if you've got enough loyalty points to get the attractive ties then this is going to piss you off. If you haven't got enough points and missed out on away tickets to games, and see the loyalty point gap getting bigger on games you couldn't get a ticket for, then you'll be all over this to bump up your numbers.
      But what's an attractive tie? Personally, I find any away game watching my team play attractive, and I'm gutted that I will be unable to get to either Bournemouth game this season due to work commitments. I find the thought of people buying tickets to "unattractive" away games to gain points, then not bothering to turn up, thereby denying a ticket to someone who really wanted to go, and also diminishing the actual support at the game, totally obscene. Because they want to go and watch fvucking Arsenal or Chelsea. You then start to wonder who they really support, they should be called "disloyalty points". God, it makes me cross.
    • #46
      Mods' Pet Lush's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Wherever I lay my hat, that's my hat.
      Posts
      12,759


      0 Not allowed!
      It is entirely my own fault that I didn't get a ticket. I waited a few days before deciding to go and never thought that a Carabao Cup game might sell out.

      However, let's imagine that I was offered 'a spare', and I ignored the fact that tickets are non-transferable.

      It's slightly annoying that I'd be going to Bournemouth on a Tuesday night to support the team, but someone else would be getting the loyalty points.
      Forever a DAFT Bint
    • #47
      Drew drew's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2006
      Location
      Burgess Hill
      Posts
      13,935


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mr Banana View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Imagine if people spend hundreds of quid on games they won't go to just to get loyalty points this season and then all us old dweebs overtake them again when we're back at Burton and Bolton and Hull next year
      But isn't the point that they are ahead of you already because they did go to those games in the past, more so than those with fewer loyalty points?
    • #48

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Me and my Monkey View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      But what's an attractive tie? Personally, I find any away game watching my team play attractive, and I'm gutted that I will be unable to get to either Bournemouth game this season due to work commitments. I find the thought of people buying tickets to "unattractive" away games to gain points, then not bothering to turn up, thereby denying a ticket to someone who really wanted to go, and also diminishing the actual support at the game, totally obscene. Because they want to go and watch fvucking Arsenal or Chelsea. You then start to wonder who they really support, they should be called "disloyalty points". God, it makes me cross.
      I don't think any Brighton fans want to go to those games because they want to watch Arsenal/Chelsea etc... they want to go watch Brighton playing at the Emirates, Old Trafford and be there when/if we pull off an impossible.
    • #49
      Dullard Thunder Bolt's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Location
      Beside the seaside, beside the sea
      Posts
      34,460


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Lush View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      It is entirely my own fault that I didn't get a ticket. I waited a few days before deciding to go and never thought that a Carabao Cup game might sell out.

      However, let's imagine that I was offered 'a spare', and I ignored the fact that tickets are non-transferable.

      It's slightly annoying that I'd be going to Bournemouth on a Tuesday night to support the team, but someone else would be getting the loyalty points.
      The day they went on sale was brought forward by one day, & someone I know was away for a few days, so didn't know.
      They logged in on Friday to buy tickets which had sold out. If fans are buying these tickets just for loyalty points, then you're depriving other fans who actually want to go.
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed, if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed. -Mark Twain
    • #50
      Better times now though!! I remember the good times's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2011
      Location
      Brighton
      Posts
      3,326


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by My Name Is Gully View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      If one was a ST holder and went to most away games surely that individual would already be way ahead on loyalty points? Is that not correct?
      Yes I am ahead on loyalty points, and intend staying there. Haven't bought a PL Bournemouth ticket as I cant go.

      [/QUOTE]Anyhow, me and my son are pleased we managed to get two tickets via the second loyalty point grouping - we will both be going - this is really a 'home' game for us in terms of distance travelled - yay![/QUOTE]
      If you've got a ticket you must have LP's from somewhere surely. This game helps you boost them.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •