Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

01/01/2018

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
What's the betting we sign 2 strikers? I'm not convinced the club will want to go through this window again when it comes down to strikers.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
If we are cut adrift, then who will want to come to us. If we are still fighting, then clubs will make us pay through the nose.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Having read about our dealings it appeared we had deals in place for numerous players. Failed medical and a players wife put 3 deals to bed (2cf deals). The Romanian was all lined up but a deal collapsed elsewhere for Deportivo and Janssen was just us being turned down. I'm sure if we had a loan spot for him he would of signed.
The club will have a number of targets in mind and I expect there will be 1/2 in but it maybe down to where we are in the table as well as a number of other factors before we know which of those players are willing to come and play for us

el punal

Please, no more!! We've just gone through this transfer window with all the angst, wailing, gnashing of teeth, bed wetting, recriminations and general twattishness that's possible. Can we now have a peaceful four month gap without any more of this shit?

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
It'll depend on the situation then.

If we look more likely than not to go down, I imagine we would only want to sign a proven goalscorer on a deal such that they leave if we go down (several factors at play though here)

Or it may be that we have come up with a solution (eg makeshift striker come good , Under-21 that has come good, whatever)

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
What's the betting we sign 2 strikers? I'm not convinced the club will want to go through this window again when it comes down to strikers.

None , it will be even more difficult next time around , transfere fees will be higher , plus less players available,
January notoriously hard to get the players you want, if their contracts are running out they will wait till the summer , teams reluctant to sell in January , plus teams will know we are desperate so the price will go up

seagullsslimjim

Sep 26, 2003
If we're adrift at the bottom of the league come December who do you think will be interested?

Agree with the above - its going to be a lot harder to attract high calibre strikers if we're near the bottom come January. Think of the rising hostility of fans towards any misses and the looming possibilty that we could be relegated after just one season in the top tier and basically down to the fiasco in this transfer window and 125 odd days since promotion.

It would need a football mercenary and something like Defoe when he went to Sunderland and so probably a journey man who will take time to bed down.

This autumn could be a grizzly one until then and that's before any possible injuries happen !

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Please, no more!! We've just gone through this transfer window with all the angst, wailing, gnashing of teeth, bed wetting, recriminations and general twattishness that's possible. Can we now have a peaceful four month gap without any more of this shit?
Better than "North Stand Politics" or "Huddersfield Are World Beaters Stand Chat".

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
None , it will be even more difficult next time around , transfere fees will be higher , plus less players available,
January notoriously hard to get the players you want, if their contracts are running out they will wait till the summer , teams reluctant to sell in January , plus teams will know we are desperate so the price will go up

The club will be bruised after this window so they won't want that to happen again. Still think our current squad has got goals in it anyway once we get over the goal drought from open play.

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey

totally agree with you

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here