• 45-54 (Chicken Run)

Votes: 128 26.9%
  • 54+ (Brighton till I die)

Votes: 166 34.9%

• Total voters

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
Interesting poll result. A huge proportion over 35. Is this likely to be typical of other club message boards or is it a result of our history with the small capacity at Withdean and the war years?

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Afternoon all,

I've been reading with a mix of interest, agreement and despair the various posts on here since the transfer window slammed shut.

I have a hunch that there is a correlation between age and strength of views on how well (or not) the club has done.

This is not intended to criticise any view. Those of us, like me, the wrong side of 40, will probably always use the War Years as our reference point for good and bad. Younger supporters may be more focused on the future.

I'm an infrequent poster on here but like to write the occasional Albion blog and would be interested in the poll results to see if there is something in my hunch.

Cheers

I'm of a similar age to yourself.
Unfortunately I use the FA cup final and time spent in the first division as a reference point. High expectations from childhood. So I don't appreciate the look where we were 20 years ago threads or the weekly how many places we have made up on Arsenal thread. It's been a rough 34 years and I don't want to be in the Championship next season.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Interesting poll result. A huge proportion over 35. Is this likely to be typical of other club message boards or is it a result of our history with the small capacity at Withdean and the war years?

Think you'll find it's a bit early for the younger fans!

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I can legitimately tick two boxes. Which one would you like me to use?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here