Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uwe Huenemeier Tweet

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I think we are entitled to moan about the lack of strikers. He is paid a fortune to play here, where as many of us are financially stretched to continue our life long passion for the club. To say stop complaining and moaning and START supporting the team is also an insult, we've supported this team through thick and thin. I like Uwe, but we've waited 34 years for this and this club is a big part of our lives. So with all due respect, I think he should shut up and keep out of it.

Agree with this. For us it's a lifelong passion for him and the others it's a well paid job. Yes some fans go over the top sometimes but it's those same fans that fund players luxurious lifestyles. If they don't like criticism then they should steer clear of reading it!

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Just goes to show that the moaning by people here has an effect on the players and probably those who are thinking of signing for us. We need to do better as a group as well.
Are you for real? It's a FANS forum are we in North Korea?

Last edited:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Agree with this. For us it's a lifelong passion for him and the others it's a well paid job. Yes some fans go over the top sometimes but it's those same fans that fund players luxurious lifestyles. If they don't like criticism then they should steer clear of reading it!

But that's not how life is. He's human, what's more he cares. If he didn't he wouldnt have written that. They're probably all feeling a bit wounded and having a pop back isn't unprofessional or shouldn't be allowed because of how much they earn. It's a two way street and I love the fact he's been brave enough to offer his opinion that isn't the usual corporate conjured c rap.

Unless we fans can't handle a bit of criticism of course...? :)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not sure I appreciate being told to stop moaning and get behind the team when the next game is a week away. He's a cheeky sod, the support has been bloody magnificent so far this season and will almost certainly be again against West Brom, so there was no need for that imo..

Good to know he cares enough to write such a long tweet. His English is bloody good too.

I think we are entitled to moan about the lack of strikers. He is paid a fortune to play here, where as many of us are financially stretched to continue our life long passion for the club. To say stop complaining and moaning and START supporting the team is also an insult, we've supported this team through thick and thin. I like Uwe, but we've waited 34 years for this and this club is a big part of our lives. So with all due respect, I think he should shut up and keep out of it.

Interesting that some of the people who like to dish it out have trouble taking it back.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Not sure I appreciate being told to stop moaning and get behind the team when the next game is a week away. He's a cheeky sod, the support has been bloody magnificent so far this season and will almost certainly be again against West Brom, so there was no need for that imo..

Good to know he cares enough to write such a long tweet. His English is bloody good too.

Bet Barber dictated it

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I was very disappointed by the lack of the signing of a striker and that disappointment won't go overnight as I think there was some incompetence in terms of the lack of the delivery of at least one new loanee or permanent signing. However, come next Saturday I will be right behind the team, same as usual, same if we were playing in the 2nd division or the Premier League. Good on Uwe though to articulate such a good 'rallying call'. It's important that the players retain their belief and Uwe is right in that the addition of one player would have guaranteed nothing. Just look at Middlesbrough last season. It's the style of play and togetherness which are also also importance, albeit a lack of quality will be exposed in this league. We do have quality and now it's up to the team to show that.

sahel

Jan 24, 2014

Quite right. My country right or wrong is just as unapealing and totalitarian in a football context as any other. Brighton fans are no more critical than the fans of any other club. How you do it may be important but slavish, uncritical support is rather pathetic and players and executives should not ask for it

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I don't think critically appraising the transfer window and supporting the team are mutually exclusive at all. Team spirit and support from the stands counts for quite a bit, as we saw last season. If we think the squad is short a couple of players then it's all the more important to back the ones we do have for the whole season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Some very precious people on here!

I have no problem with what he said. He's entitled to his opinion just as much as we are. Disagree with him by all means, but to say say he shouldn't voice that opinion is pathetic.

Just because someone earns more money than we do doesn't disqualify them from having an opinion and expressing it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here