Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lay off Skalak

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Skalak's confidence is shot.
A good portion of the crowd at the Barnet game were willing him to fail before he had even touched the ball. It was sad to witness.
Being carried shoulder high down Queen's Road by supporters must feel like a long way away now.
#Together

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Skalak's confidence is shot.
A good portion of the crowd at the Barnet game were willing him to fail before he had even touched the ball. It was sad to witness.
Being carried shoulder high down Queen's Road by supporters must feel like a long way away now.
#Together

Wasn't at Barnet but that's bloody awful to hear.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
You serious ?

Baldock has pace. Skalak rarely beats his man for pace. He can shoot ? He has had hundreds of shots and only scored one Albion goal i believe. Have you seen some of the skill Baldock and the goals he score last year ? No chance Skalak could do that

Theres two i can think of..just to help you out

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Wasn't at Barnet but that's bloody awful to hear.

I exaggerate slightly but it only took his first poor touch to set people off and that was that. Sad.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Theres two i can think of..just to help you out

Checked and you are right

2 goals in 40 appearances. That's 1 goal every 20 games for a winger. I'll leave it at that.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
For some reason, it really bugs me when people refer to footballers that they've never met in first name terms...

Your point would make sense, except that Skalak isn't his first name. Referring to him in first name terms would be "Jiri" surely? So what is bugging you exactly?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Sad to hear you say and yet you slagged him off just a few posts ago!
Skalak is not lazy, none of the squad are. Good enough or not for whatever task asked of them they will try their hardest and we should support them for that. Slagging them off will get us relegated.

I stated facts i didn't slag him off. Learn the difference , seriously because i tend to ignore drivel posts like yours.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Shame a player you really want to like but he has served his purpose at the Albion and it's time to move
on.
The Barnet game he was woeful first half but credit were credit is due second half he didn't stop running but we need more than a Forrest Gump.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
No. You spouted an ill informed opinion that he was not very good.
He is one of the best crossers of the ball at the club, we all saw how many assists he got when he arrived. He can be very, very useful if used to his strengths.

Sadly we can't just bring him on for set plays, agree he is great when to ball has stopped but it's the bits when the ball is moving when he struggles.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here