Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lay off Skalak

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Utterly, utterly fed up with his critics on NSC. Shut up the lot of you and support the whole squad including Jiri, Tomer, Gaetan. I'll do my bit and lay off Murphy. We need a siege mentality to stand a chance this season and I have a feeling this transfer window may just work in our favour rather than having some overpaid foreigner at the pointy end who may or may not deliver. Ok, shut up the lot of you may be a bit strong, but he's one of our own and somehow we have to find a coherent team from the 25. Any one of them could be an unexpected star turn. At least four or five will have to be.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Utterly, utterly fed up with his critics on NSC. Shut up the lot of you and support the whole squad including Jiri, Tomer, Gaetan. I'll do my bit and lay off Murphy. We need a siege mentality to stand a chance this season and I have a feeling this transfer window may just work in our favour rather than having some overpaid foreigner at the pointy end who may or may not deliver. Ok, shut up the lot of you may be a bit strong, but he's one of our own and somehow we have to find a coherent team from the 25. Any one of them could be an unexpected star turn. At least four or five will have to be.

Are you ill :moo:

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014

For some reason, it really bugs me when people refer to footballers that they've never met in first name terms...

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Total hypocrisy. You tell us to stop critising then openly admit you do the same with Murphy. All in the first two sentences.. [emoji106]

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Total hypocrisy. You tell us to stop critising then openly admit you do the same with Murphy. All in the first two sentences.. [emoji106]

Not really. I said stop criticising Skalak and agreed to do the same with Murphy. Believe me it will be a struggle!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Good post.

Not sure he'll be getting much game time, though, as things currently stand.

Albion100

Jan 4, 2013
Patcham
I won't critise Skalak for not being good enough but I will critise the board etc if CH has to play him because we don't have anyone better when we all know he shouldn't be here and isn't up to the prem.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
But that goal....THAT GOAL! He's already written himself into Albion folklore. One of the great great goals in the history of our club.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I still wonder why he's never been used in the Baldock role, where he definitely played at times in the Czech Republic. He can certainly shoot ....

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I still wonder why he's never been used in the Baldock role, where he definitely played at times in the Czech Republic. He can certainly shoot ....

You serious ?

Baldock has pace. Skalak rarely beats his man for pace. He can shoot ? He has had hundreds of shots and only scored one Albion goal i believe. Have you seen some of the skill Baldock and the goals he score last year ? No chance Skalak could do that

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Dont think we will see him again. Tilley is far better

At the start of the season i would have said no but now i'm all for it. Certainly wouldn't do him any harm being on the bench for WBA. I expect Hughton would rather play Murphy up top though.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Ye gods, I'm saying I'll stop criticising Murphy and suggesting others do likewise with Skalak.

Not really a fair deal though, because Murphy has skill, pace and is a decent finisher where as Skalak, as much as I hate to say it, is shite.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here