Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whats the difference

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Stay up = Match of the Day
Go down = Football on 5

If that's not an insensitive, I don't know what is!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Bear in mind that the Albion were running £26m or more annual losses in the Championship and would now have PL scale wages on their books.

Would we not have had the foresight to insert a relegation wage reduction into the contracts just to safeguard us against the remote possibility of relegation

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Parachute money:
£48m 2018/19
£37m 2019/20
£17m 2020/21

Bear in mind that the Albion were running £26m or more annual losses in the Championship and would now have PL scale wages on their books.

Only 2 years parachute money if we go straight down

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
The more I think about it the more stupid it is not to get a couple of decent strikers in £40m to protect £100m plus income, TB has to be raging. Barbers chatting bollocks, Hughton gets ****ed over in the PL again. Shambles you can't defend this shit.

TB hires people to find players you really think he wanted to call DL in the dying minutes himself I would be thinking wtf am I paying you idiots for? Someone's getting sacked.

Pintos

Jul 28, 2005
Oxted
The more I think about it the more stupid it is not to get a couple of decent strikers in £40m to protect £100m plus income, TB has to be raging. Barbers chatting bollocks, Hughton gets ****ed over in the PL again. Shambles you can't defend this shit.

TB hires people to find players you really think he wanted to call DL in the dying minutes himself I would be thinking wtf am I paying you idiots for? Someone's getting sacked.

Maybe all the premier league clubs should do the same, so nobody has to get relegated?

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia

Can't argue with this and if I were Tony a major scalp would have to be taken to set an example.

el punal

Parachute money:
£48m 2018/19
£37m 2019/20
£17m 2020/21

Wouldn't there be some sort of "clause" in the players' contracts to state that wages would drop in relation to the club's status (i.e. relegated to the Championship)?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Wouldn't there be some sort of "clause" in the players' contracts to state that wages would drop in relation to the club's status (i.e. relegated to the Championship)?

That may have had something to do with no striker wanting to sign for us?

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Does it not also matter what position we end up finishing in the Prem?

Obviously bottom 3 get relegated, but I thought there was prize money given in steps-increments from last all the way up to the champions?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here