Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkwright View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm sure it was at The Fans Forum that the realistic target was to avoid the bottom three and 17th be a great season.

While I can understand this just be tad more positive in your goals, selling ourselves to prospective players as we are already in relegation dog fight before a ball has been kicked.
    OK. Fortunately I doubt that the fans forum chat will infiltrate its way into the decision making centres of the brains of the agents of players on our horizon.

Also I think if a supporter asked me, the CEO, what I would settle for this season, I would be lying if I didn't say I'd snap the hand off anyone offering me a guaranteed 17th. However, that doesn't mean that I'd expect my team to play for 17th, or that I expect us to finish no higher than 17th.

There is news, there is nuance and there is nuance
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q93v7hGZA

Premier League : Brighton, le club le plus cool d'Angleterre

• North Stand Chat

advertising

The voice of treason Guy Fawkes's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Arkwright View Post
      No, I'm a realist but sometimes the vibe coming out of the club needs to be more positive.
      I can only recall their stating that their wish for us is to become an established PL team

Can't see that as being negative, it's usually fans that then twist things like this and turn it into something far more negative than it really is, with their slant put on the statement and we do have a section of fans that like to see the negative in everything and anything, no matter what the club would say or do
      Please support the campaign to overturn this questionable conviction
      Free The Winters Campaign
      Incompatible Browser | Facebook

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Rugrat View Post
      People are paid very good money to do complicated things
      ........and the more complicated it is, the more difficult it is to bring off......
      "In football, everything is complicated by the presence of the opposing team". Jean-Paul Sartre.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Justice View Post
      Is it though? Huddersfield/Burnley managed it quite successfully.
      Maybe they were lucky and things fell in to place.
      Maybe we were unlucky because one of the many elements that needs to be in place for a deal to come off went wrong - medical, other club backing out, player turning us down, maybe even wife not wanting to move.

I think if Mr Bloom had felt te need to sack anyone, it would probably have happened by now. None of us know all the ins and outs of it all. Having just watched the Netherlands match, we did alright to get Propper, I would think - and that happened fairly early on. Last minute striker pursuit unravelled. Sh!t happens.
      "In football, everything is complicated by the presence of the opposing team". Jean-Paul Sartre.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Harry Wilson's tackle View Post
      It may well be for PB, perhaps. It won't be for the club itself. I think we can yoyo comfortably if needs be in order to find a way of setting our unique club gyroscope so we can stay and thrive in the division. There is no one simple formula.

My main fear is that a tough season with possible relegation may turn the JCLs (and the ground is awash with 20 somethings now, with craft beards and ludicrous trousers - far from the typical NSC demographich as we have just learned) with their unrealistic expectations and a sense of entitlement into moany numpties. Something tells me, however, that the Amex will remain nicely full this season, and my fears about 'supporter' meltdown and b**w****** will be unfounded.
      Even in the dark days of the atrocious slow football under Garcia and Hyppia, with TB reigning squad spending in, s/t sales only fell by 3,500 I think. So there's a huge loyal base who keep their seat come rain or shine. This season perhaps there'll be empty seats against non 'glamour' clubs should we be in a non-winning run.

The odds are against yo-yo-ing back up. Next season we'd be up against our fellow two relegated clubs, plus all but three of; Cardiff, Massive, Wolves, Fulham, Hull, Norwich, Villa, Boro, Sunderland, Forest, Leeds, Derby, Reading, Brum, Reading and Bristol City. All with big money behind them one way or another, and entitled fanbases to varying degrees. I think it was @Bozza who recently said "the Championship is a bitch to get out of".

Hence the steel behind PB is his statement that we must stay in the PL (at the first time of asking).
      Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Weststander View Post
      Even in the dark days of the atrocious slow football under Garcia and Hyppia, with TB reigning squad spending in, s/t sales only fell by 3,500 I think. So there's a huge loyal base who keep their seat come rain or shine. This season perhaps there'll be empty seats against non 'glamour' clubs should we be in a non-winning run.

The odds are against yo-yo-ing back up. Next season we'd be up against our fellow two relegated clubs, plus all but three of; Cardiff, Massive, Wolves, Fulham, Hull, Norwich, Villa, Boro, Sunderland, Forest, Leeds, Derby, Reading, Brum, Reading and Bristol City. All with big money behind them one way or another, and entitled fanbases to varying degrees. I think it was @Bozza who recently said "the Championship is a bitch to get out of".

Hence the steel behind PB is his statement that we must stay in the PL (at the first time of asking).
      Points very well made
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q93v7hGZA

Premier League : Brighton, le club le plus cool d'Angleterre